The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

A question about your writing.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

A question about your writing.  Empty
PostSubject: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I saw this on a Deviant I follow on dA's page and thought it was an interesting enough question that we could all probably learn something from. The idea is to get into your head and work out why you write what you write.

So here it is:

How has your personal life or experiences affected your writing?

I'm gonna answer this in a post below. It's all well and good asking the question but my head may take a bit of digging to get the answer.
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:52 am

It depends on what exactly it is I'm writing. Back when I was writing Henna, it was impacted by KS, and I suppose the "story" I'm writing now is impacted by whatever accumulated experiences turned me into the depraved soul I am.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:56 am

It's difficult to say, I don't think my own experiences have really shaped my writing as much as my literary role models have. Gag Smut and Mary Sues aside my serious stuff is shaped by the world I put around me, the art I look at, the books I read, and especially the music I listen to shape how I write. Sure there are common elements that are mostly for me, wish fulfillment,for example, every character I've written into existence since middle school has had an older brother I never had. All my characters live much more exciting lives than I do, and all of them in some way fight back against an unfair system because they're brave enough to say "no, this isn't right."
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:46 am

As I wrote this I looked through all my old stories I've written. I'm getting into the nitty gritty of my personal life here with you so please bear with me if it sounds odd.

I'm always trying new things in life and writing is no exception. When I first started writing properly I was around 11. It was all fluffy, happy endings because my life was so shit I couldn't bare to have my characters going through anything too bad without coming out the other side. You could say writing was my escape when I was younger. In time, I learned how to detach myself from situations I wasn't comfortable being in and eventually it was like I wasn't even aware of what was going on any more. and this reflected in my writing. By the time I was about 13 it got more clinical and there was less feeling to what I was writing. Looking back on the shit I spouted I'm surprised I didn't give up there and then.
As it happens, I kinda did for a little while. I got into drink and drugs and the whole of 2006 is like a writing black hole. Anything I did write (if there was anything) got deleted and I didn't write a thing until my 17th birthday.
Since then my writing has more or less stabilised, as has my life. But I think it's safe to say that my personal life has influenced my writing greatly.
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
ThatOneAsian
Friend
Friend
ThatOneAsian

Friendliness : 112

PostSubject: Re: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:25 am

http://paperhatboy.tumblr.com/post/71250745946/the-multiverse-in-my-writings

This goes more into the tropes I use, but I think its because they're my own interests. Me, I usually base stuff off of my life because it's easier that way. I mean, there was one instance in a fan fiction that was basically me expressing my own thoughts into a character berating someone based off of a friend of mine. But now I try not to do that. So.
Back to top Go down
http://roboblob.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about your writing.    A question about your writing.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about your writing.
Page 1 of 1