The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

I'm writing a children's book!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

I'm writing a children's book! Empty
PostSubject: I'm writing a children's book!   I'm writing a children's book! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 am

Immagene Tangerine, age 9, has just moved from Atlanta, Georgia to a small town in Illinois, and she's not happy about it. She had to leave her friends, her school and the warm weather of the South behind to go live with her Gramma Tangerine, an old woman who smells like lotion and boiled cabbage. In the middle of the school year she faces struggles with making friends at school, the dreaded task of finding a place to sit at lunch and learning material she's already been taught at her old school.

For the most part the new town seems very boring to her, until she meets a friendly classmate, Emily Birch. They get to be really close friends but Immagene starts noticing something strange about her new best friend and she starts to think that maybe...just maybe this town got a little more interesting. Here's chapter one.

Immagene Tangerine sat in the back seat and tried counting telephone poles as the car zipped past them until the task made her dizzy. She rested her chin on her hand and pouted. Once again she thought if her parents could see just how miserable moving was making her maybe they'd turn around and go back to Atlanta.

Mr. Tangerine glanced back at her in the rearview mirror and smiled softly. "Just give it a chance Immagene." he said cheerfully. "Who knows, you might even like this new town."

Mrs. Tangerine smiled as well. "Just wait til you see your new school." She looked back at her daughter, trying to coax a smile out of her. "It has a very big library."

Immagene looked away from her mom and out the window again. "I liked my old school library too." She muttered. She was satisfied to hear her mom sigh. What did they expect? They acted like she should be happy about moving away from her friends and old house and old school where everyone knew her, and in the middle of te school year too!

When Monday rolled around she'd be "the new girl", she had no friends here, no one to ride her bike to and from school with, or eat lunch with or pass notes to in class. In fourth grade everyone already had their best friends picked out for the rest of their lives.  In a small town that was especially true.

"Look at how pretty the leaves are when they change color, I bet there will be snow soon." Mrs. Tangerine tried to cheer her daughter up.

"Madison Hearty told me snow doesn't look as pretty as it does in pictures. She said it gets wet and slushy and turns gray." Immagine said grumpily. Remembering her best friend Madison made her sad.

Mr. Tangerine honked his horn as they passed a painted wooden sign that proudly read "Welcome to Brookdale, Illonois." There didn't seem to be any buildings in sight which made the sign look very out of place. a few minute though they started to pass by a small group of houses that Immagene imagined was supposed to be a town, they turned down a street where the buildings became small shops and resturants but Immagene didn't see the name of a single store she recognized. Soon all the shops were gone as they passed a few more houses and then there was nothing but fields and woods again.

"That was the whole town?" Immagene asked, unimpressed with the size of the place.
"Just you wait until you see your Gramma Tangerine's house, you'll like it there." Her dad assured her.
Gramma Tangerine was the reason they were moving. She had fallen down the stairs and broke her hip a month ago and had been having trouble taking care of herself ever since. Immagene's dad had decided it was time to live closer so that he could help her out. Immagene had only met Gramma Tangerine once before, she had smelled like lotion and boiled cabbage and took a lot of naps.

They pulled into a long driveway surrounded by pine trees so thick Immagene couldn't see anything that was up ahead. Soon the tree opened up into a large yard with a big, slightly rundown house sitting in the middle of it. the white paint was chipping away to reveal the old gray wood underneath, the roof seemed to be sinking in in a few places and was topped with a wrought iron crown. The tall, bare oak tree and weeds overrunning the garden finished off the overall spooky effect the large house had. "Isn't it nice?" Mrs. Tangerine asked. "It's so big and Gramma Tangerine says you can choose whatever room you want.

"If this were a scary story, I'd tell us to turn around and find a hotel, there's a ghost in there." Immagine muttered.
Mr. Tangerine frowned. "Don't be rude Immagene." He scolded. "Gramma Tangerine was nice enough to let us stay here, and I'm going to get it fixed up for us all to live in. You'll get used to it."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: I'm writing a children's book!   I'm writing a children's book! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 am

The language may be a little complicated for a children's book at times, but good start!
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: I'm writing a children's book!   I'm writing a children's book! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 am

That's what I was worried about haha this is a rough draft I wrote at three am
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm writing a children's book!   I'm writing a children's book! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm writing a children's book!
Page 1 of 1