The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2

Go down 
+4
Necruta
Aero
Aka
Zalty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

Friendliness : 925

Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 pm

It was a while before Aero's body was prepared to look presentable. Or, the closest to what could be considered presentable. The gashes in her body were stitched up, her eyes closed, as she was laid out on the snow. Her hair, and of course her clothes, still had caked blood stained in them. She wasn't blue from the cold anymore, but pale. Unnaturally pale.
Calcifer couldn't bring himself to get up at first, staring at the husk of who was once was his closest friend with dull eyes. Not the eyes Ruul had. Calcifer wasn't staring into another time or another place, he was looking into reality's ugly face with a different sort of lifelessness. Eventually, he stood himself up, out of Kairo's grip, and walked over to her. Hesitantly, painfully, he picked her up, her head reclined on his arm, the backs of her knees positioned on the other. Almost the way one would hold a small child.
"She... wouldn't want to be bu--" His breathing hitched for a moment as he struggled to control the swelling of emotions in him again, "buried here... She'd want to be," He paused, a hint of a mournful smile crossing his lips, "In the forest. That forest we went through."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:43 am

Ruul had come back to reality shortly before the preparations were finished, but gave no indication of it, just staring emptily ahead.

He clenched his jaw when Calcifer picked Aero up. It was Calcifer's place to bear her. As much as Ruul had loved her, he hadn't had the time to get as close to her as her kinsman had.

His brow furrowed when Calcifer spoke. "The one in Kialo's dimension?"
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 am

Calcifer was caught in something of a trance, still staring off, envisioning the place, a twitch of a grin still on his face. "At the temple."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 am

"The one across the sea?" Ruul regretted saying it with that tone as soon as it left his mouth. But could he keep what had just happened from getting to him?
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 am

The tiny flicker of light in the Gieru's eyes faded away. Of course, he wasn't thinking in the slightest bit about how there was no way to preserve the body for weeks just for them to bury it all the way back there.
His voice was soft, "I won't bury you in a desert like this. No, you deserve something else, not a reminder of where you were born. That was never a home." Although he spoke to the body, he kept himself from looking down to it. He turned around and took a few paces, as though he were heading somewhere, looking in his mind's eye for another place for her. "There's nowhere else here but..." The sea.
Calcifer felt a deep hatred boiling inside himself. Why was he forced to make such a horrible decision? Why did he have to chose to lay his family to rest either in a dead wasteland or in the place he feared and hated the most? Both of them were so alien to Aero. It would be a dishonor to leave her in either! He failed her again and again in life. He couldn't bare to fail her now! Stinging, icy tears rolled down his cheeks again. It was so bitter and cruel, whether it be the Goddesses cursing them or simply fate.
"I-I can't choose, I can't choose."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:29 am

"Cremation."
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:42 am

Cremation. It was the best option for her, but the worst for him. But he had to.
Calcifer knelt down in the snow and laid her down gently. Laying her hair right. Fixing her hands folded on her stomach. Adjusting her legs. As though it would matter. He took his satchel off and found his best robes. They were black. He held them over her, hesitated, looked at her face. His last look at her face. He laid them over the form, like hiding something forbidden to see. His hands trembled over her.
He could barely speak through his sobs, coming back again. "Should I say something?" He looked up at Ruul. "Do you want to...?"
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:48 am

Ruul got to his feet slowly and walked numbly to her side. After a moment of silence, he started. It wouldn't be anything grandiose and forced. Just the truth.

"I never got to know her near as well as I would have liked to. Seems fate never wanted us to stay together. We went through hell and back, and I would gladly do it again if it meant it could be with her."

He fell silent, swallowing the lump in his throat. He felt it would be right if he'd say her name, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 am

He couldn't speak. It was as though his hands had a volition of their own to stay away from her as he fought for the strength to lay them on her middle. In an instant, the clothes were alight. Calcifer stood up and backed away a few paces. The fire moved on to her flesh. The smell was sickening. He mourned, watching it, with the horror of what he'd just done, when he saw her hand flinch. That was it. What little mental strength he had left snapped. He cried and screamed and snatched up his bag to get his knife, slashing at himself with it.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 pm

"Calcifer!" Kairo cried as he lunged over to the other Gieru. "Stop it." he tried to grab the knife. "What in the hell do you think you're doing?"
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Ruul reacted a moment after Kairo and grabbed Calcifer's other wrist without a word.
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Calcifer didn't say anything, and didn't think to. He struggled against Kairo, and the blade bit deep into his hand.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 pm

"Goddamit Calcifer stop it!"
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Kairo wrenched the knife from Calcifer's hands, blood pouring from his palm, perverting the white of the snow. "She's gone, I'm such a coward! There had to have been some way, I could've saved her! It's my fault! Everything that ever happened to her was always my fault!"
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 pm

"Dammit stop it. It was a freak accident and there's nothing you could have done for her. Stop being a coward and finish what she started. You think she'd want you freaking out like this?"
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Ruul bit his lip. What Calcifer was saying wasn't true, but in his current state Ruul knew there would be no reasoning with him. "Calcifer," he said quitely but with as much finality as is possible in monotone. "Let's go." His eyes remained on the burning pyre that had been his second love.
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Calcifer was about to open his mouth to say something to Kairo when he was stopped by what Ruul said. He looked at the fire and the body enveloped in it. The thought rose up in his mind how she always followed him. It was like abandoning her here.
But, then, that wasn't true. Now he saw it from a different perspective. Ever since the War, from the first time he ever left home, he was the one following her. She was who convinced him to stay with her in the party with all those misfits years ago. She was why he felt so empty when they parted. She was why he was here in the first place.
It was true, she wouldn't want him like this. And would she want him to continue to be dependant on her, when he always drilled it into her head to get tough? "Stop sniveling," he'd say, "Quit acting like a dog, you're your own source of strength. I can't do it for you."
Calcifer stood up, wincing at the gash in his left palm. He took a step and looked back at the decimated shell of what was Aero. If she were there, he wouldn't have needed to say anything. They would just look at one another and know. So, he looked at her, turned, and walked away to the portal that was still there. He didn't look back.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 am

Ruul looked at the flames, then at the portal, and then back again. Finally, he, too, followed. Blue light enveloped him and he was back in the biting cold wind of Snowhead Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 pm

"The swamp's this way, right?" Ruul asked, heading south.
Back to top Go down
Preschooler Florian
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
Preschooler Florian

Friendliness : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:30 pm

"Yeah, just follow me." Quint motioned, taking the lead. "We shouldn't have any trouble, unless those slavers show up for some reason."
Back to top Go down
https://day-four.forumotion.net/forum
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Calcifer clutched Aero's bag by his side. "So we're dealing with a bunch of slavers? Heh. At least I've encountered those before."
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am

Kairo cracked his knuckles as he stretched his arms above his head. "Be nice to work out the kinks," he said.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

Friendliness : 1952

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 am

"How long will the walk take?" Darem asked, following close to the others
Back to top Go down
Preschooler Florian
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
Preschooler Florian

Friendliness : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:02 pm

"About 2-3 days. It took me less to get Trace back due to his condition."
Back to top Go down
https://day-four.forumotion.net/forum
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

Friendliness : 1952

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Darem nodded, "Then as long as we don't loaf about, we should be there in no time." He put his arms behind his head, "How long have all of you guys known each other?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2   Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruul's ZRP Party: Thread 6.2
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next