The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

ZRP: Darem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

Friendliness : 1952

ZRP: Darem Empty
PostSubject: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:27 am

Name: Darem
Species: Goron

Appearance: A little short compared to most gorons. The rocks on his back are a little larger and more rigid than those that live in a tribe. He has a little tuft of brown hair on his head and little (crappy) makeshift bandages over his torso. For the sake of the people of termina (Stupid humans and their mindset of "decency") He wears a small skirt-like thing made of thin and flexible metal and reinforced with wood strips. He wears a small knotted rope bracelet from his son. He has a large mouth and deep set eyes, and he's missing his right ear.

Weapons: His hammer I guess? He does more damage in his ball form though. Also carries a small box made of metal he made to carry his various tools. (Totally NOT a toolbox.)

Personality: He's a little socially awkward due to his years as an outcast (Read the backstory fool). He is a little more daring than before. He's very resourceful and excels at his trade, but that also leaves a bit to be desired in the Common sense area as well as knowledge of magic. He doesn't work too well with authority due to his time outside of the tribe: he'll generally hear orders, but will interpret them how he sees fit.

Family: Now, now, that would be telling. No plot spoilers for you!

Backstory: (AWWWSHIIIIIIT) Darem grew up as a fairly normal Goron. His family had raised him in the general patriarchal Goron way, with his learning the trade of his father: Blacksmithing. As his father taught him how to weld and bend the metal to his will, his mother secretly showed him the small wonders of her father's job as a carpenter. As time went on, Darem excelled at his tasks as a blacksmith, surpassing his father at the age of seventeen. Darem began to grow weary of the trade, favoring the little amount of carpentry his mother taught him, but it was against Goron customs to go against your father's upbringing. A few years went by, and his mother and father had passed, leaving Darem as the sole heir to his family name. As a blacksmith, Darem struggled to make a living. The volcano the Goron's lived on became more and more active, with one tremor causing a landslide, thus blocking the way to the human(?) towns. Desperate, Darem decided to honor both sides of his heritage and, rather than focusing on blacksmithing alone, merged the two into one art. He used his knowledge and tact for metal working to enlay different designs into furniture and to add durability to the different crafts. While he used his carpentry skills to reinforce different kinds of armor and to make the hilts of his weapons and tools more ergonomic.

As time passed, Darem's skill in both crafts allowed him to amass a small fortune for himself and his tribe. After his success, he had found a partner that he had decided he wanted to spend his life with. (Gold digger) A year later, his mate was pregnant, and another year after that, Darem's son was born, at the cost of his wife's life. As such, Darem raised his son by himself: telling him stories about his mother and grandparents, showing him the tricks of the trade, and generally taking care of him.

And yet, times change. Over the years after the birth, the leader of the Goron's had passed away and a new chief had taken over. This "chief" had banned communication with the humans(?) and any other species. Darem's wealth kept him and his son sustained, but other goron's were angry with the results the ban brought. Soon, whispers of rebellion had begun to appear in every conversation, leaving the entire tribe uneasy. And while the chief was bold with spoken word and could hide behind the word of Goron law, he was cowardly in action and barricaded himself away from any other Goron other than his family. Not long after, small skirmishes had begun to break out, but never anything more than a broken bone or chipped rocks.

But everything changed (When the fire nation attacked.) one afternoon when Darem had a large order from a group of Goron that had supported the rebellion. Darem had personally tried to stay out of the political matters, but he knew that he had to complete the order to ensure the safety of him and his child. So he sent his son out to play with the other Goron children while he got to work. Nearby, a fight between two Goron had begun outside. The argument escalated into the two charging at each other and slamming each other into walls. The strength of the Goron had begun to shake the very cave itself as they flung each other haphazardly. One final hit into the wall caused some of the cave's ceiling to fall. A large commotion outside got Darem's attention from his workplace. He went outside to see a few Goron gathered around a small spot. Darem pushed aside the other Goron and stopped in dread at the scene. His son had been crushed by the fallen debris.

Darem walked up to the body and tearfully moved the rocks off of the child "...who...?" he asked before one brother stepped forward. Darem lashed out in a rage, clawing the goron repeatedly and grabbing him by the throat. One slash after another, he began to draw more and more blood before he realized that the life before him had vanished. He started to raise his hand again to slash just to release anger, but stopped when a little goron walked to the bloody corpse.
"...Papa?" She uttered before grabbing the Goron's hand. Darem lowered his hands and sunk to the ground. He stood up and walked away to his workplace. He locked himself in there for two weeks before he reappeared, a metal box with tools in one hand, and a bundle of food in the other. He sadly walked out of the cave, ignoring the looks and sad glances as he left into the world of self-exile.

(Finally a happy background story.)

Theme music: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

THE END
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Kowen has a happy backstory except for the part about her race being all but wiped out.
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm hesitant to allow more characters into the party, but if you guys are willing to go with it, then he's approved.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm

@Aka Oh yeah that thing.

@Drae You know the Goron murderer is the staple of every Zelda RP party.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Clearly. I'm still thinking multiple parties is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm

I concur.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am

i want this character to exist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZRP: Darem   ZRP: Darem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZRP: Darem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fourth Day :: The Garden :: Role-Play forum :: The Pool :: Zelda RPs :: Sandbox 1-
Jump to: