The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

NaNoWriMo?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLilacPilgrim
Friend
Friend
TheLilacPilgrim

Friendliness : -1

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:31 am

Sorry to start another thread so soon but I felt this was the best place for it.

Anyone else participating in National Novel Writing Month this year?

From the site's FAQs:

Quote :
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word, (approximately 175 page) novel by 11:59:59, November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It’s all about quantity, not quality. This approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.

So is anyone else doing this? I've been participating officially since 2008, and participated on paper when I was still in school a couple of times. I haven't won yet but maybe this year I'll make it... and I'd like to know if we have any WriMos here to support over the month!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 am

I was gonna try to do NaNoWriMo... I dunno how well I'll do.
Back to top Go down
TheLilacPilgrim
Friend
Friend
TheLilacPilgrim

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:36 am

Aww, you should give it a go! It's a very supportive community and they don't expect you to write a masterpiece in one go; it's about quantity rather than quality. Quality comes later with editing. Cool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Right, that's what one of my friends was telling me. We live practically next door to each other, so we were gonna try to be each other's motivational tools, haha. He even broke it down... it's only like a page and a half a day minimum. Which isn't a lot at all. I guess I'm intimidated because I've just been tossing the idea around and not really planning anything. xp But I totally think I'm gonna try it.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I wanted to participate in that this year, but I'm just way too busy. Last year of High School and all that.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Maybe you'll be able to do it next year, Drae! :) The last year of high school is killer... senior projects and all the crap that sucks all of the joy from your last moments of being in high school! GAH. I totally understand... >.>
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeah, you pretty much summed up this whole year so far.

I can't believe it's only been 6 weeks! It's felt like 3 months already!
Back to top Go down
TheLilacPilgrim
Friend
Friend
TheLilacPilgrim

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:31 pm

You can do it, AL37! I'll be learning German and working and doing NaNo, and I have an idea outlined already. You don't have to worry if you don't have a full idea yet either, and it's good that you have local support ^^

Aww, Drae. Studies do come first! I wish you the best of luck and hope you can join us in NaNoWriMo next year =3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:21 pm

STRESS! Haha, I'm gonna try to do some outlining before next Tuesday. (That's the first, right?)

And Drae, it's quite fantastic and noble that you're able to put your studies first. No one thinks senior year counts over here, and a lot of people bomb it and foul up their GPAs. I know I wouldn't have had that kind of self-discipline senior year, man. Kudos. :)
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm in the IB system. Senior year is SERIOUS. FUCKING. SHIT.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:56 pm

What be the IB system? In good ol' US high schools, it's junior year that's the life-sucker...
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah, so I heard.

The IB system is... actually, just watch this video, it should sum it up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NaNoWriMo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo?   NaNoWriMo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo?
Page 1 of 1