The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Application: Rickamaru

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rickamaru
Demon Slayer (posted it to death)
rickamaru

Friendliness : 459

Application: Rickamaru Empty
PostSubject: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 am

Ok this is a guy i used for a little bit in an old forum which was never really active. Let's see if you think it can fit in. Most of his abilities are weapon/item based just for the record

Name: Rickamaru
Age:105 (just gonna make this an earlier part of his life. about 70 years after he signed the contract)
Species: Human
Birthplace: Unknown

Known languages: Common, all human based languages, Abyssal (the language native to the plane of the abyss)

Appearance: Usually travels in a faded cloak that hangs to just above his ankles and shrouds his face in darkness. Without his cloak he is dressed in light leather armour that was made from the hides of the victims in the abyss. It was dyed black and he wears a shirt of chain-mail underneath it as well. He has Silver hair that is cut short. His eyes are green unless he begins to use his dark energy then they turn black like a demon. Pale and tall (5'10" ?). Agile and not muscular.

a general idea Wink
Spoiler:

Personality: Likes a challenge. Shows no mercy on an opponent no matter who they are. Calm and collected most of the time and hard to get angry. When possible, will strategize and plan out multiple courses of action before deciding on one to follow.

Weapons:
Lámina de la Muerte or blade of death. This weapon was forged for Rickamaru by arts known only to his sensei. It was a gift to him to commemorate the completion of his training. The blade never becomes dull and doesn't rust. Liquids of all kinda are incapable of sticking to its surface and just slide off. It also has the peculiar property that prevents any wounds it inflicts to continue bleeding unless extensive healing is performed. It is able to cut through simple weapons and armour as if they were made of paper.

Kunais/throwing stars. Rickamaru carries around a pouch of projectiles on his left leg that contain various poisoned weapons. The types of poison on the blade differ greatly however. Some are treated with a deadly poison while others merely induce paralysis. Other still can affect one's short term memory resulting in permanent loss and a short coma. This allows for Rickamaru to fade into obscurity easily and better cover his tracks when trying to avoid detection.

The Demon Scythe. The bundle that Rickamaru carries on his back is a scythe that has had its power sealed by the wrapping. Should Rickamaru's dark power usage spike really high the scythe will activate on its own otherwise it must be unwrapped first. The scythe is a weapon forged in the depths of the abyss which Rickamaru's master presides over. It is a flawed demon weapon that, while unsuitable for a demon to use, is far more powerful to a human servant. So Rickamaru's master gave the weapon to him and told him of the power it has. It was then attuned to his being so that only he could use it.

Additional information
Spoiler:

-Elemental Jewel Craft: Rickamaru has developed and mastered his father's legacy and is able to infuse raw elemental energy into special crystals. He can tap the power stored in them to use many abilities or to recharge his own energy.

Spoiler:

Dark abilities (main form):
Main ability: Rickamaru is able to create portals of dark energy at any location. These portal link to the realm of his master but by utilizing two portals he can travel between locations he has coordinates for. He must step into the demon realm before he can exit another portal. Others who enter one of his portals must chance discovery by his Lord and even if with him will only have a limited protection,

Dark Meld: This ability allows him to meld into the shadows and the night making him completly invisible (ninja)

Night Eyes: He can see in complete darkness

Hatred of the Light: Due to his demonic based powers, he is extremely vunerable to light based abilities. Works well when he needs healed however. As a result however, if normal healing arts are performed on him as if this ability did not exist, then this will cause an immense power surge which more then likely will activate the possession mode.

Ageless: he doesn't physically age but he can be killed normally.

Intro:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rickamaru on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : updating profile)
Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

Friendliness : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 am

Sound's fabulous! Nothing wrong here :D
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Not approved. This is waaaaaay too much. I won't approve of immortality in any circumstance. Lifespan under 200 years, no negotiating. The only powers I will approve of are Dark Meld and night vision. I'll approve of his portal ability, but only if it leads to the demon realm, and from there he can select a destination.

His weapons are fine, except for the gauntlet. You have to moderate the amount of weapons he has, and how many powers they have. The sword is fine, the shuriken are fine, the Fey Blade- I mean scythe- is fine, too.

I approve of the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
rickamaru
rickamaru

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 am

so the only issue is that he doesn't age and the gauntlet which allows him to absorb energy? i didnt think the age would be a big problem its not like he can't die. He can die as easily as the next guy just age is irrelevant. I figured i'd get flak for the gauntlet but i'm surprised the scythe was allowed to pass. What do you mean fey blade btw? Something similar to it? And here i thought i was being original with it... and a 2 jump system for the portals... hmmm not what i was going for and negates any combat use it had.... hmmm let me think awhile about how to add the changes and i'll update it then.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:50 am

Fey Blade is from Soul Eater. It's a katana that takes over its wielder, like your scythe does. As for approving it, you gave it some good drawbacks that balance it out pretty well, and you have a reasonable story behind it.

Immortality is acceptable, HOWEVER, I don't want anyone over the age of 200. Beyond that, your character has an excuse to have way too much skill or wisdom.

As for the portals, I requested that precisely to limit its battle capabilities. He already has his super-powerful weapons, so adding portals would be overdoing it. You can sacrifice the scythe in exchange for the portals if you want, though.

On an unrelated note, do I seem too serious when I'm approving/disapproving apps? I don't want you guys to think I'm no fun, and all serious.
Back to top Go down
rickamaru
rickamaru

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 am

eh this will be my second real attempt at rp to be honest. I have another character i made for the site previously but despite being quite a few notches down from this one i didn't think he fit the description too well. And hey being serious about getting started the right way is good. I didn't have too good an experience last time because they were too lax and never learned to take a hit. I am tempted by your offer on the portals because lets be honest, portals can be VERY abusive.
Back to top Go down
rickamaru
rickamaru

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 am

*updated profile*
Edited original post for easy access to the information
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:26 pm

One last thing: The scythe shouldn't have the ghost-mode type ability.

Also, with his personality and backstory, you may find it difficult for your character to make friends, and thus to join the party.

Best of luck to you, Ricka!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Rickamaru   Application: Rickamaru I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Rickamaru
Page 1 of 1