The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Best moments EVAR! :B

Go down 
+2
J
Tazzak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Best moments EVAR! :B Empty
PostSubject: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Here,you should post your most epic Zelda moments!
And time when that special moment happened.

Geez,I have pretty much alot!
(As far as I remember,the only thing I have ever done in my life,is playing Zelda on my N64.)

Hmm,I think I was 5,we just moved from America to Germany (Cologne) and it was pretty late. (like 9 pm)
As I entered the living room,and me still being young,I noticed 2 wierd boxes.
Of course,I was too young to know what those things were,so I have asked my mothers new friend (from now on I will be referring to him as 'man') what those strange things were.

He explained me alot of stuff which I thought were impossible.
(He told you could go into alot of adventures when the power is on,and into lands that were unreachable for the normal human.)

Suddenly,I wasn't tired from flying and walking from the airport to our new home now,I was like,ready for more adventure!

Even though little kids normally get there hopes up really much,I wasn't disappointed at all when firing up the N64.

Since the zelda oot cartridge was already in the console,and I didn't know how to work thing out,I just flipped the button as told.

Then the man gave me a red 'con-tro-ller',I was like,'what?'
He told me I could change almost everything to my likings in that new world I was about to discover.
I just got more confused how hings would work.

Then the title screen appeared,with that nice music.
One of the most epic moments ever,really.

Moving from one continent to another,and not even caring what happened,and losing my father forever,I just wanted to forget everything.

And I did,I got lost in my own world,which means the man didn't lie.

I played an already existing save file,which had the zora sapphire.
I headed torwards lost woods,and somehow got to the meadow at my first try.
(Note I was adult link)

Then those,moblins were waiting for me around the corner.
I can't remember after what happened then.
I think I fell asleep while playing...
Back to top Go down
Tazzak
Friend
Friend
Tazzak

Friendliness : 25

PostSubject: Tazzak's Zelda Life   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:46 pm

The Introduction of Tazzak's Zelda Life:

So, I was sick. I was playing on my Wii. I had played every game. However, I saw a game hidden in the last row/column/thing. It was a game called "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". I thought about it, and then I said, "What the heck. How bad could it be?", then started it up. It said "You will need the classic controller." and, looking around, I found the Classic Controller that I got for Christmas in 2009. I connected it to the Wiimote, and then saw the intro. It was AMAZING. Pressing start, a wave of nostalgia hit me. I used to play a Zelda N64 game on an emulator. I remember chasing this one kid and being pushed off my horse. I also remember going through some woods... of course, we ALL know what that game is.
Spoiler:
So, I continued playing the OoT game. I created a save file. I wandered through that village until I was lost. I then found the shield, and bought the sword, and headed out to save the great Deku tree. That boss battle was LEGENDARY. And then I got the Ocarina... that inspired me to buy an Ocarina IRL.

And then, a week later, came the Jadusable creepypasta.

I shouldn't have done that.

Anyways, I'm planning on buying a N64 just for the REAL thing. I'll also buy Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, OoT, MM, and every Kirby game for it (I've gotten into Kirby.)

Taz OUT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tazzak.webs.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

It's actually the other way round,you find the sword and buy the shield.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 pm

well I was eight when I got my first glimpse of OoT. All I saw was my dad running around the Dodongo's Cavern and getting frustrated. I thought the place looked really scary. We only ever had six cartridges others I've borrowed from friends, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, The Rugrats in Paris, Doctor Mario 64, and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. So Finally bored and tired of playing the other five game I grabbed the "scary" game (I was eight and Dodongo's Cavern is creepy ok) and decided to try. so the opening comes up with the soothing music and then the deku Tree starts talking and then I saw HIM...Ganondorf! It has been my goal ever since to never lose to him. when I play any Zelda games I never lose, super smash bros. same, and I even made a Ganondorf character on Soul Caliber, poor guy never wins.

I don't know, something about that first introduction of Ganondorf struck me so deep that I've never gotten it out of my system.

That was the most awesome Zelda experience for me ever!
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:38 pm

My Zelda life started in the 90's... I was wandering around Toy R' Us, since my mom told me I could get ANY game I wanted for my birthday. I found myself torn between Super Metroid and this "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past."
I was familiar with the green guy on the back of the box, in a cosmic sort of way... Then I noticed he had a sword! And remembered I used to run around my backyard with a toy sword while wearing my dad's green jacket, and somehow decided this game was about my "Lost Big Brother." I started it, I was totally absorbed into this strange land called Hyrule, where anyone could be a hero, all they needed was a sword and a shield, since they'd just find everything they needed when it was truly needed. When I finally beat the game, it was a year and a half later, and I ran around dancing like a madman, shouting: "GUYS! I BEAT GANNON!" I had a mini party for myself, and went and bought the Collector's Edition when it came out for the Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!
meek

Friendliness : 362

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 pm

XBlackSquareX wrote:
Here,you should post your most epic Zelda moments!
And time when that special moment happened.

Geez,I have pretty much alot!
(As far as I remember,the only thing I have ever done in my life,is playing Zelda on my N64.)

Hmm,I think I was 5,we just moved from America to Germany (Cologne) and it was pretty late. (like 9 pm)
As I entered the living room,and me still being young,I noticed 2 wierd boxes.
Of course,I was too young to know what those things were,so I have asked my mothers new friend (from now on I will be referring to him as 'man') what those strange things were.

He explained me alot of stuff which I thought were impossible.
(He told you could go into alot of adventures when the power is on,and into lands that were unreachable for the normal human.)

Suddenly,I wasn't tired from flying and walking from the airport to our new home now,I was like,ready for more adventure!

Even though little kids normally get there hopes up really much,I wasn't disappointed at all when firing up the N64.

Since the zelda oot cartridge was already in the console,and I didn't know how to work thing out,I just flipped the button as told.

Then the man gave me a red 'con-tro-ller',I was like,'what?'
He told me I could change almost everything to my likings in that new world I was about to discover.
I just got more confused how hings would work.

Then the title screen appeared,with that nice music.
One of the most epic moments ever,really.

Moving from one continent to another,and not even caring what happened,and losing my father forever,I just wanted to forget everything.

And I did,I got lost in my own world,which means the man didn't lie.

I played an already existing save file,which had the zora sapphire.
I headed torwards lost woods,and somehow got to the meadow at my first try.
(Note I was adult link)

Then those,moblins were waiting for me around the corner.
I can't remember after what happened then.
I think I fell asleep while playing...

This was very touching. :')
Back to top Go down
KungpowPanda
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!
KungpowPanda

Friendliness : 486

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 pm

My Zelda life started with Link To The Past. I was a very intelligent kid, my first video game I ever remember was Pagemaster for the SNES when I was like 3 or 4. When I moved into the apartment I used to live in before I moved to Augusta (I was like 5 at the time), my mother had upgraded from Pagemaster to Super Mario World and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. My neighbor who was like my best friend when I was 5 had a Sega Genesis with Sonic The Hedgehog I-III. I remember Zelda mostly though because I was a serious addict back then. Whenever I had free time I was spending that time playing Legend of Zelda: LttP. I became addicted ever since I saw that game, and when I discovered ROMs I was even happier so I could play LoZ and Loz: AoL. I even got Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time only months after it came out, along with Majora's Mask. My most favorite Zelda moment of all time, ever, was when I beat the Water Temple for the first time. At that age I was only just super ecstatic and pumped, but at this age, I probably would have said. FUCK YOU DARK LINK AND FUCK YOU MORPHA. FUCK YOU WATER TEMPLE. FUCK YOU ICE CAVERN. I JUST KICKED YOUR ASS. =D.

I've been playing Zelda since I was 4 years old, and I always will play it.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am

My Zelda life started when I was around 10. I never liked "going with the flow" and getting into whatever other people were into, so LoZ was a definite no-no for me. One day, my brother and I went to a friend's house. It was a hot summer day in California, and the other two went out into the pool while I looked for something to do while drinking some soda. I picked up his game cube and popped in not LoZ, but Spyro. I was bored instantly, but kept playing just for the sake of wasting time. Then, Isaac came in. He was like, "What are you playing that for? Legend of Zelda is AMAZING!"

So I popped in Collector's Edition and started up Majora's Mask. Instant love. I was immediately absorbed in the game, but only managed to get to the part where I turned back into Link's Hylian form before we had to go. For a while, I could only think of it, with no means of actually playing it. That was until I got a Gameboy Advance SP. It was a limited-edition one with a special design on it, and I loved it! The first game we got for it was LoZ: ALttP/FS. We weren't able to play Four Sword, for obvious reasons, so I just stuck to Link to the Past. And boy was that game tough. But I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, but I remember that defeating Ganon didn't feel like that huge of an achievement. I beat the game, and just thought "Yay!"

Then came Minish Cap. Oh man. I was HOOKED! If there was an obstacle, I wouldn't rest until I had moved it! I remember chewing on my nails when I couldn't figure out how to beat Vaati's final form, but when I finally did, it was simply amazing. I think my favorite part was either when I got the Mirror Shield, or when I beat the came 100%. Minish Cap is the only game I have EVER beaten 100%.

I also remember that one year when I was 12, on halloween, I dressed up as Blue Link, with Isaac as Red, and Peter (the friend who Collector's Edition belonged to) was green. We grabbed any pieces of wood we could get our hands on, and battled it out behind the house on my birthday, too, wearing those things. I also had a home-made Deku shield, and Peter had a (surprisingly authentic looking) small shield (from WW, Minish Cap and other toon games). Those were the best years of my life. I can't remember ever feeling that AWESOME before or after (except that one time I misunderstood what Madi said and thought that she was in love with me! But that's tough/impossible to beat.)

I've never beaten MM, OoT, L'sA, or WW, despite having played them on multiple accounts, but I've beaten ALttP, MC, and the Oracle Series. Oh, the Oracle Series! Probably the toughest games to beat 100%, what with all the rings you need to collect, the tough puzzles, and bosses. MM is probably the toughest... Getting off-topic.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Four Swords is quite possibly the best game no one's ever beaten.

Think about it,

How often to you have three friends over who all have their gamboys AND a copy of the game AND the cords to hook it all together? I've never had the opportunity to play because of those sad factors which make the game severely impractical Sad

also I dressed up as Link last year for a Halloween party on my campus. I got in a swordfight with a Sith lord, and Amazon Warrior, Jesus, Two Jedi, and a Geisha Assassin. Also, people kept calling me Zelda, I was like "do I LOOK like a princess to you!" and some guy followed me around the whole time going "hey, listen, listen, hey watch out, listen hey, hey listen." I think I'll go as someone else next year.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Well I beat Four Swords. You actually only need two copies of the game. Of course me and my friend never got all of the Hero Keys. (Hard Mode) We were doing the Volcano and became fed up with the repetitiveness of doing the same three dungeons for the third time. So we had a magnet glove duel while we were surrounded by lava pits. And we game over'd, never to play Four Swords again... And I dressed up as Link for a convention, last year. I wound up posing for pictures with a Luigi and a Captain Falcon. And there were people saying "Look it's Zelda!, Hey Listen!" I had to change out early, or suffer the possibility of insanity.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm

The Meek One wrote:

Wow,thanks! : )

hmm,now that I am thinking back:

After waking up on the next day,(6 am) I snuk into the living room and was playing around again.
I didn't notice the man was watching me all the time,he somehow snuk up to the door without me noticing him.
After a while,he asked me if I wanted to play the real deal.
He deleted on of his files and made a complete new one.
He named it alex. (I still couldn't spell my name that good)
I couldn't read back then,so I was just sitting there looking at the screen.
I noticed how the man picked up the phone and called the place where he worked at.
He told his boss that he couldn't come to work because he was ill. (He made coughing and sneezing noises.)
Of course I knew he wasn't sick,and I asked him why he said that. (I couldn't speak german back then,and his english wasn't that great.)

The game language was set to german because his english wasn't that good.
He stayed home from work to play ocaina of time with me.
He tried reading and translating all the text in english,and of course I tried to understand him. (Which worked.)
And he showed me all the controls and how everything works.
He then told me he never made it further then the 2nd dungeon. (He was still stuck at dodongo's cavern)
So,he spent all day with me playing zelda.
We both,together,were playing.
That means we were taking turns every 10 minutes.
It was alot of fun,and I will never forget that time.
We reached the 2nd dungeon,and we both made it.
The man was happy he could share such a moment with me,a ounger 5 year old kid.
He was the type of guy that likes to show kids some fun stuff.
As we defeated King Dodongo,we both were,sort of gaming pals/brothers.

I remember,it was late,11:30 pm.
My mom called for us: 'bed time'
The man said: 'Ok,we are coming!'
We were still playing until 2:30 am.
We got the zora sapphire,and decided to continue later.
We both snuk into the bed room,without waking mom up,and slept.
I swear,we couldn't sleep.
I think he was awake all the time too.
2 hours later,he wakes me up and is like: 'Hey alex,wanna go play some zelda?'
I was like,'Heck yeah!'
And then we were back at the console playing again.
But then mom came in and thought we were playing all night.

Humm,how I miss those times.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 am

XBlackSquareX wrote:
The Meek One wrote:

Wow,thanks! : )

hmm,now that I am thinking back:

After waking up on the next day,(6 am) I snuk into the living room and was playing around again.
I didn't notice the man was watching me all the time,he somehow snuk up to the door without me noticing him.
After a while,he asked me if I wanted to play the real deal.
He deleted on of his files and made a complete new one.
He named it alex. (I still couldn't spell my name that good)
I couldn't read back then,so I was just sitting there looking at the screen.
I noticed how the man picked up the phone and called the place where he worked at.
He told his boss that he couldn't come to work because he was ill. (He made coughing and sneezing noises.)
Of course I knew he wasn't sick,and I asked him why he said that. (I couldn't speak german back then,and his english wasn't that great.)

The game language was set to german because his english wasn't that good.
He stayed home from work to play ocaina of time with me.
He tried reading and translating all the text in english,and of course I tried to understand him. (Which worked.)
And he showed me all the controls and how everything works.
He then told me he never made it further then the 2nd dungeon. (He was still stuck at dodongo's cavern)
So,he spent all day with me playing zelda.
We both,together,were playing.
That means we were taking turns every 10 minutes.
It was alot of fun,and I will never forget that time.
We reached the 2nd dungeon,and we both made it.
The man was happy he could share such a moment with me,a ounger 5 year old kid.
He was the type of guy that likes to show kids some fun stuff.
As we defeated King Dodongo,we both were,sort of gaming pals/brothers.

I remember,it was late,11:30 pm.
My mom called for us: 'bed time'
The man said: 'Ok,we are coming!'
We were still playing until 2:30 am.
We got the zora sapphire,and decided to continue later.
We both snuk into the bed room,without waking mom up,and slept.
I swear,we couldn't sleep.
I think he was awake all the time too.
2 hours later,he wakes me up and is like: 'Hey alex,wanna go play some zelda?'
I was like,'Heck yeah!'
And then we were back at the console playing again.
But then mom came in and thought we were playing all night.

Humm,how I miss those times.

This may quite possibly be the most touching Zelda story I have ever heard, I hope I get to have this kind of experience with my kids someday.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:35 am

For some reason most of my childhood memories about OoT revolve around Ganondorf and Dodongos Cavern. I'll have you know those were some awesome dreams I had when I was a kid.

I didn't really have many friends in elementary school. I came in the middle of the year in first grade back in '97. I had been homeschooled until then. My first day of school I ran off and hid in the coat closet and my teacher was so mad she yelled at me in front of the whole class. I was to scared to answer her so I guess she thought I was deaf, next thing i know this kid was leading me o the office where they put headphones on me and made me raise my hand every time I heard a *beep* confirming that I was not deaf (I could've told her that if she would've stopped yelling at me!) After that everyone treated me like a freak.

That Christmas we got our very own N64 and our 6 cartridges. I was really excited. about a year later I picked up the Oot cartridge and popped it in the slot, not realizing how much my life was about to change. pretty soon I didn't even care that people at school treated me like a freak, when I wen home and turned my N64 on I became more awesome than they could ever be anyway (don't worry, I did eventually make actual friends, it just took me until fifth or sixth grade).

Since I can remember I've used the Zelda series as an emotional escape, when my parents aren't happy with the fact that I'm not perfect or when I feel like crap, when I have a cold, when I get in a fight with my friends, when one of the residents at the nursing home I work at dies, Zelda just helps me block all of that out. I don't have to be Jordan Hershey anymore, I can be the Hero of Time for a while and forget about what was making me cry earlier
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 pm

My best evar Zelda moment would have to be....
Playing ocarina of time before I even was in school, just sitting there, never beating the shadow temple...
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:15 pm

J wrote:
Four Swords is quite possibly the best game no one's ever beaten.

Think about it,

How often to you have three friends over who all have their gamboys AND a copy of the game AND the cords to hook it all together? I've never had the opportunity to play because of those sad factors which make the game severely impractical Sad

also I dressed up as Link last year for a Halloween party on my campus. I got in a swordfight with a Sith lord, and Amazon Warrior, Jesus, Two Jedi, and a Geisha Assassin. Also, people kept calling me Zelda, I was like "do I LOOK like a princess to you!" and some guy followed me around the whole time going "hey, listen, listen, hey watch out, listen hey, hey listen." I think I'll go as someone else next year.
J... that is awesome! I didn't get in a fight one Halloween that year, although the year before I had dressed as a Bionicle (Takanuva) and got in a fight with a football player. But that was a real fight. I hated that guy.

I liked my birthday battle though. Fighting Karate guys and other Links. Best years of my life. I wish my friends and I could be playful and immature like that again...
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 am

When I first saw the Elegy of Emptiness statue. I seriously turned off the game in fear.
(I'm not that freaked out anymore)

Best moments EVAR! :B 879470
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best moments EVAR! :B   Best moments EVAR! :B I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best moments EVAR! :B
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fourth Day :: The Living Room :: Video Games-
Jump to: