The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

The Disappearance of Aberline

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

The Disappearance of Aberline Empty
PostSubject: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 am

Please excuse me if this seems a little disjointed, I'm typing it up as it comes into my head.

Background: The year is 2200, after the nuclear winter following WW3 every government on Earth has banned technology and the world has basically reverted back to like the 50's or something.

Aberline is a 17 year old girl and the daughter of a town's hotel owner. She's one of the richest people in town and as such her father expects her to make a marriage worthy of her station, she however is in love with someone from school, a rocker with a mohawk and a motorbike (I still don't have a name for him yet, suggestions are welcome). The two decide to run away together and elope and decide to meet outside the town's limits at 3am on the night of the full moon. Thus begins the story.

At 3:05am, Rockerdude gets to the designated meeting point and finds that Aberline isn't there, he waits for an hour then realises she isn't coming and goes home. The next morning he wakes and goes about his morning, not planning on mentioning it to Aberline in school. As he has comes downstairs, his mother is on the phone. He sits down and she turns on the TV. The news story is about the disappearance of Aberline. Her parents woke up to find her bed empty but nothing else out of the ordinary. All her clothes were still in her closets and no money had been taken. Everything was as they had planned, except Rockerdude was supposed to be with Aberline and instead he was still in town while she went missing.
Knowing it's not like Aberline to reneged on a promise, he begins his own investigation. His friend (Here after known as Rockerfriend because I need a name for him too), as the only one who knew of Rockerdude's plan, assists him.
After a month, everyone forgets about Aberline and their lives continue as if she never existed. For everyone that is, except Rockerdude and Rockerfriend.

The End:
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

Friendliness : 925

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 pm

That's really neat. Their names should officially be Rockerdude and Rockerfriend. lol
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Rockerdude's name is probably going to be Tristan. Still trying to think of a name for Rockerfriend. It'll probably be Nate.

Last edited by AkaShika on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Something a friend brought up when I asked for her opinion

Quote :
Sounds fine except for one thing: if the town resets at the full moon and everyone forgets, how would anyone know Aberline was missing in the first place?

What happens is anyone who’s been in town the week before the full moon gets remembered. That’s why they knew Aberline was missing at first. A month later, since Aberline wasn’t physically in the town no one remembers her. Same goes for Rockerdude at the end.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Also this:

Quote :

Hey, I think it sounds cool, I'm intrigued by the other dimension type idea, are the people trapped in it going about normal everyday business or do they know they're in another world as it were?

Everything is as you'd expect it to be except they can see the people in the real worlds as sort of shadows but they can't interact with them. The resets don't affect the other dimension so everyone there knows they're not in the real world any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Aberline   The Disappearance of Aberline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Disappearance of Aberline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fourth Day :: The Office :: Writing-
Jump to: