The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Cancellation Quest

Go down 
+5
Aka
Zalty
Commander Catspirit
J
Darc
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

Cancellation Quest - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:12 am

>Use a power attack, it's heavy hitting, just what you need to take down Drazeth, hopefully.

You let out a mighty WAR CRY as you charge at DRAEZETH, IRON AXE in hand.

You gotta make this POWER ATTACK count!
You score a 1, resulting in a CRITICAL FAILURE! Oh fuck.

FAILURE AND NPC TURN LOG:

DARC'S TURN:

MOTIVATION: 095%
CONCENTRATION: 300%

- ATTACK
- SKILL
Spoiler:
- MAGIC
Spoiler:
- ITEM
Spoiler:
- ASSIST: FLORIAN
- FLEE
- AUTO BATTLE

What's your course of action?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

Friendliness : 886

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

(OMG that cycle was hilarious, reminds me of my God of Misfortune powers, since by a calculation of 4^24 (being the amount of 1 rolls) the chance is 1 in 281,474,976,710,656 sooooooo... yeah my bet is the generator broke or there is a Random Number God who decided that they really liked the number 1)

Use Bolt I on Draezeth!!
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm

>(OMG that cycle was hilarious, reminds me of my God of Misfortune powers, since by a calculation of 4^24 (being the amount of 1 rolls) the chance is 1 in 281,474,976,710,656 sooooooo... yeah my bet is the generator broke or there is a Random Number God who decided that they really liked the number 1)
Use Bolt I on Draezeth!!

(Well, the 1 for Drae's power attack was actually done with a physical D4, because I decided that was some serious statistical bullshit going on. And then I just so happened to roll a 1. Serious Mathemagics up in here.)

DARC'S TURN:

You cast BOLT 1, rolling a 3 and hitting DRAEZETH with 17 points of ELECTRICAL DAMAGE. On a roll to cause status effects, you roll a 4! STUN is added on to DRAEZETH'S list of status problems. He won't be able to ACT for THREE TURNS!

DRAEZETH'S TURN:

DRAEZETH is STUNNED, and cannot act!
DRAEZETH takes 5 damage from his BURNS!

LUCIANNA'S TURN:

Lucianna charges at DRAEZETH, performing a BORING standard ATTACK.
She rolls a 1, but is not counter attacked, thanks to DRAEZETH's current STUN... problem.

DARC'S TURN:

MOTIVATION: 095%
CONCENTRATION: 290%

- ATTACK
- SKILL
Spoiler:
- MAGIC
Spoiler:
- ITEM
Spoiler:
- ASSIST: FLORIAN
- FLEE
- AUTO BATTLE
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:47 pm

(Well 4^23 is still massive a number being 14 digits long)

Use Florian as an Assist?
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:05 pm

How will you use FLORIAN as an ASSIST?

ATTACK: 50%, Damage: 36 - 72, WAIT: 3

DEADEYE: 200%, Damage: 72 - x, WAIT: 8

Both skills have their own benefits to being used.

ATTACK has a low cost when compared to DEADEYE, AND has a reduced wait time.

Using DEADEYE will allow you to perform an EXPLODING DICE attack. So long as you keep rolling CRITICALS, the damage keeps piling up. 72 becomes 144, 144 becomes 216, so on so forth.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Have Florian use Deadeye
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:01 pm

>Have Florian use Deadeye

You shout the order. It's not like DRAEZETH can do anything to stop you right now, anyway.

FLORIAN takes aim, and...

She rolls 4, 4, and 3!

Florian's damage totals up to 180 before FORTIFY reduces the damage to 162! He looks like he's hurting worse than you now.

DRAEZETH'S TURN:

He struggles to break free of his STUN, but he's still gotta wait. He takes 5 more damage as his BURN passes.

LUCIANNA'S TURN:

LUCIANNA rushes DRAEZETH with a POWER ATTACK. She scores a 3, dealing 20 DAMAGE after FORTIFY softens the blow.

DRAEZETH is clearly on his last legs. You go for a classic K.O., since you ultimately don't want this guy's blood on your hands. Kids. They gotta learn to mind their own damn business.

You club him atop the head with the flat of your IRON AXE, knocking him out cold. You storm into the office and state your demands to the owner. 4000, right here, right now. They'll be spared a collection visit tomorrow, but he'd damn well better have a payment of TWO GRAND next week.

FINANCES UPDATED:

+ 4000

+ 2000 WEEKLY, starting next WEEK

STAT POINTS UPDATED:

+ 40 STAT POINTS for distribution between your characters.

You use the nearest phone booth to alert the ambulance to the location of the unconscious "HERO" and headless ROBOT THING.

You hoof it back home before someone actually manages to work up the nerve to call the COPS.

You crash down into bed. This wasn't as easy a night as you intended, but you won in the end.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Today is DAY 16! You feel like shit today, with the whole 145% MOTIVATION remaining, but you've got work to do.

You put LUCIANNA to work collecting your "DONATIONS" while you work at your LEGITIMATE JOB.

You overhear gossip regarding some kid named JOEY frequently being taken out of CLASS by strange individuals. He always seems to have a DOCTOR'S NOTE, so you don't see why this is really all that gossip-worthy. Maybe if you were actually THERE, you'd understand a bit better.

You pick up your paycheck on the way OUT, getting 200 GIBBERIAN DOLLARS added to your finances.

Upon returning home, LUCIANNA adds an additional 4000 to this.

FINANCES UPDATED:
+ 4200 GIBBERIAN DOLLARS

You've got two actions remaining. What shall you do?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Get Florian to cook up that last steak, after a tough fight like that last night you deserve it, also lets allocate some stat points; 5 on all for Darc to keep it rounded, and put the remaining 15 onto Lucianna's stats being 10 on Vigour and 5 on Knack, considering her rather melee only help.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:23 pm

>Get Florian to cook up that last steak, after a tough fight like that last night you deserve it, also lets allocate some stat points; 5 on all for Darc to keep it rounded, and put the remaining 15 onto Lucianna's stats being 10 on Vigour and 5 on Knack, considering her rather melee only help.

Florian cooks that steak MEDIUM RARE, just the way you like em. Given that the STEAK is cooked, it restores an extra 30%. You're now at 195%, a considerably safer number.

You distribute your STAT POINTS, boosting your stat average to 20! You find this plan short 5 points, so you resolve to put them into a NEW STAT, simply named STAT. STAT does absolutely nothing, and points that enter it can never be taken out, EVER. Your efforts to ABSTRACT HUMOR are rewarded with the title of "WASTEFUL WILLY"!

STRONGMAN LEVEL 2 - BASE ATTACK +2, BASE DEF + 10, DUAL WEAPON FIGHTING UNLOCKED

MARATHON MAN LEVEL 2 - BASE INIT +2, BASE DEF + 10, ADV. FLEE UNLOCKED

WHIZKID LEVEL 2 - ALL SPELLS LEVEL UP, LEARN A NEW LEVEL 1 SPELL, FOCUS: BLADE UNLOCKED

SMOOTH OPERATOR LEVEL 2 - CHARM CONTEXTUAL POWER, FREE FIREARM PROFICIENCY: PISTOL CARD, SOOTHESONG UNLOCKED

You allocate Lucianna's STAT POINTS. To observe changes, you'll have to ask for her sheet.

You open up your NONEXISTENT GAMING ABSTRACTION GRIMOIRE to acquire a new spell.

The choices!

>METAL - Earth Magic. Quality based on level.
>STONE - Earth Magic. Maximum weight based on level.
>GALE - Wind Magic. Gains force based on level.
>REVITALIZE - Healing Magic. Restores MOTIVATION based on level.

>OTHER (Propose your own spell, via description. If I take it, mechanics are subject to change.)

Last edited by Darc on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 pm

i propose the new spell; MISFORTUNE, which causes the target to get 1 less on their rolls, the duration is the level.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm

>i propose the new spell; MISFORTUNE, which causes the target to get 1 less on their rolls, the duration is the level.

(Out of much personal debate and many simulations, I've got to rule this out on the grounds of being /too/ good. Given that we're running a d4 combat system, there's already a 50% chance of getting an undesirable roll. Now with Misfortune into the mix, an enemy would have to roll natural 4's to actually land a hit. Not to mention that natural 1's and 4's aren't altered by modifiers, meaning that a 4 would in fact, still be a crit, Misfortune or not.)
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

(Ah I understand about it being too powerful, I just thought that since no attack could be produced it would lower its effectiveness, I'll try and think of another new spell in the meantime because I'd really like some more supplementary based magic)
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 am

I propose 'QUICK REFLEXES', which bumps your 1 rolls up to 2s for a duration based on your levels (maybe +1), preventing you from being counterattacked.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:39 am

>I propose 'QUICK REFLEXES', which bumps your 1 rolls up to 2s for a duration based on your levels (maybe +1), preventing you from being counterattacked.

Similar problem to the above post.

Darc wrote:
>D4 system explanation.
>'Not to mention that natural 1's and 4's aren't altered by modifiers...'
>Other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Well darn. Okay, I'll just go with Revitalize.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:39 pm

I guess I'll go with Revitalise as well.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm

>Well darn. Okay, I'll just go with Revitalize.

>I guess I'll go with Revitalise as well.

You choose to learn REVITALIZE I! For 20 CON, you can regenerate 20 MOT up to three times per a day!

With that out of the way, you have one more action remaining. What shall you do now?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Take a walk around town and see if there is anything worth buying, you do have a decent amount of money now, you deserve something nice after your hard efforts.
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:31 pm

>Take a walk around town and see if there is anything worth buying, you do have a decent amount of money now, you deserve something nice after your hard efforts.

S-something? Like, anything?!

Truly this is providence! They have permitted you to engage in your GUILTY pleasure!

You run your ass out of there, and proceed to expend a small sum ($14500) on MAGICAL GIRL WITCH DETECTIVE merchandise!
If it was related to MAGICAL GIRL WITCH DETECTIVE and within a two mile radius of your home, you now OWN it.

As excited as you might be to enjoy all this SWEET MERCH, you've gotta go to bed.

Last edited by Darc on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Today is DAY 17! You receive a package in the mail, addressed to you and sent from ALCATRAZ ISLAND. Yeah. That sure was subtle. You're pretty sure they don't even have a post office there.

You resolve to check it once you're done with work.

Unsurprisingly, you have a highly uneventful day at work, leaving you to wonder why you bothered getting a civilian job.

When you arrive home, you open your PACKAGE.

You find:

- Typed Note
- SIGNED PICTURE OF ALCATRAZ EATING SCONES.

What.
You've gotta read the note.

"Terribly sorry, 714. Lumière has some business with me today and as such, I was forced to call off the whole occasion! I've included this picture as some form of compensation, and I hope you find it well. - W. Alcatraz"

Ohok.

Now you've got two actions. What to do, what to do?
Back to top Go down
Preschooler Florian
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
AFSDFHWEGWODJA
Preschooler Florian

Friendliness : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Admire newly aquiered loots.
Back to top Go down
https://day-four.forumotion.net/forum
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 pm

>Admire newly aquiered loots.

Words cannot even begin to describe how ready your body is.

with such a large amount of loot, you feel much closer to Nonohara Miaka. In a PLATONIC sort of way.

With all these fine decorations, fan-works, musical albums, official products, h-games, dating sims, video games, and ect, you have achieved the widely coveted FAN OF BURNING HOT (PLATONIC) LOVE title.

"Aw yeah, bitches! You all wish you had the mad g-stacks to spend on your hobbies, like I do!" You shout into the air. You are completely unsure of exactly who you're bragging to, but damn, it feels good to brag.

You have one more action remaining. What do you intend to do?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Dragon
No-Life
No-Life
Soulless Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Put the signed picture of Alcatraz in a picture frame, other than that make sure Lucianna keeps training her Locksmite under Florian.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 am

Wait, you mean you can't just simply ignore the voices? It's never occurred to you to just ignore them and do your own thing instead? What are the voices anyways, and why aren't you worried about them?

Spend some time pondering this.

Last edited by Mj. Spoilers on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Quest   Cancellation Quest - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cancellation Quest
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next