The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

Writings of the Exile

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Writings of the Exile   Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 am

So I started writing journal entries for the Darc that's been portrayed in DF Lore (As widely undocumented as it is). You know, the dickish rape monster guy with all the crazy magic. Kinda wanted to start with him seeming like a pretty decent guy initially. so, here's entry one, set several thousand years in the past.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Recommended Listening

1 - Exiles and Empires

In the end, my endgame plan came to pass. The birth of the next Overlord was secured with my false rebellion and subsequent exile. I doubt he’ll ever lower himself to affiliating with a lowly criminal such as I, so it’s like that one guy said about pissing in dark pants.

“Warm feeling, but nobody really notices” I believe were his exact words.

After some choice deals with an impotent nobleman, I have obtained everything, save for control of my new body as of the time of writing this document.
I promised him three children, the youngest of which to be my vessel.

Fertility is something of a triviality to one who studied under Karana, the Goddess of Life. Really seems like I got the better end of the deal, no matter how you look at it.

While becoming nobility wasn't part of the plan, my position as third born almost entirely invalidates any claim to power in this household. It also ensures that there are plenty of children from other houses that precede me in the bid for the throne of emperor.

I’m comfortable on the sidelines.

As writing in the context of being an exiled demon lord is sure to cast suspicion on me for more than a few reasons, I’ll limit myself to just one until the empire collapses.

Even then, I’ll barely touch upon its history. Too much history with the Netherworld, never mind the realm of mortals.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorta a short entry. Kinda looked much longer when I was typing it up in the publish page.
Ain't that some shit?
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: Writings of the Exile   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am

Had to think about what sort of topic would be a good followup to the first one. I decided that skipping to the collapse of an empire would be too much of a timeskip. Also, I'm quite surprised Soundcloud's widgets work.

Recommended Listening:

2 - Twist of Fate?

While this is in direct violation of my previous pledge to write my next entry after the empire collapsed, This is of pressing urgency, and while it has been going on for several years, this was my first chance to actually write all of this out. Infants with masterful writing and penmanship would be awfully suspicious, and as such, I write this during my years of budding adulthood, at least in human terms. I am still but a child when my true age is held to demonic standards.

I seem to have actually received the short end of the stick in my deal with Fa Sir Lorenzo Veis. While the first and second born of his children were the picture of good health, my own vessel was not so lucky. Due to my haste in creating a contract, I never planned for this contingency, and as such, I swallowed my pride and took hold of the sickly child. While a possession is normally a quick and clean manner, even for infants, his fortitude was far too low to actually be able to accept my strength into his little body. Young Echs probably would have completely expired, had I not been carrying a certain good luck charm Karana had gifted me during our conspiracy. My vessel exists in a state between life and death, and while he ages normally when removed from my influence and is certainly a pleasant warmth when touched, he lacks the capacity to eat, drink, or sleep, an experience that would have surely killed him again, had it not been for the demonic influence in his body. After his childhood, I seized permanent control of his body, and the growing fatigue and delirium is slowly sapping at my own strength.

This is not to say that I have not tried to acquire nourishment, but even a demon such as I cannot keep it down. All eating or drinking can provide me with is vomit. Nighttime is met with equal agony, tossing and turning, slumber sometimes feeling within reach one moment before slipping away the next.

The worst of it all is my frail body. While human illnesses certainly will not kill me, even with my ever decreasing power, a mere cough for one of my "brothers" can leave me bedridden for weeks, even months in some cases. Even when not sick, I seem to be incapable of exerting myself too much, or I risk setting off my asthma.

I can't just abandon Ech's body, now that I've invested so much into it, but these experiences lead me to believe that this is the universe's way of getting back at me for my time as a surgeon. Too much experimentation, too little lifesaving.

Entry number two, end.

Malnutrition and sleep deprivation aren't fun ways to die. Now just imagine what it would be like if you could experience symptoms beyond what a normal human would, due to being unable to die from them or alleviate them. I personally don't like the idea.
Back to top Go down

Writings of the Exile
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1