The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Fallout lore and character

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

Friendliness : 1935

Fallout lore and character  Empty
PostSubject: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 am

Alright here's where I'll explain character races and whatnot for the fallout rp https://day-four.forumotion.net/t937-fallout-a-radiation-free-wasteland#15724

some things to keep in mind, At the start I'm gonna say no more than two weapons and obviously nothing crazy like plasma rifles, anti material rifles, rocket launchers, etc
also since culture is grounded in a sort of 50's and 60's style, when playing your normal clothes will look like stuff from that period. Entertainment is largely in that period. There are simple computers with green and black, but no internet. You get the idea. Also feel free to use phrases from that time too. As dumb as it sounds, it'd be completely normal back then.
so far the races for selection are as follows:

human
Self explanatory. People, like you! Not in the same large numbers anymore, but pockets of them remain all around the world in city ruins, small makeshift towns, or in more tribal settings. Really the only difference is the occasional mutation like an extra toe or red eyes or something. The good things about them is they're often charismatic with that smooth skin and lack of horrible mutations. The downside to that mutation of course is that they're more susceptible to things like radiation.

Ghoul
Fallout lore and character  185px-Charon
After the war, many of those who weren't able to get into proper shelter were exposed to huge doses of radiation. This radiation left permanent damage to their bodies. There's plenty of prejudice against these guys. They're basically second class citizens in most places. Even slaves sometimes. Other than their appearance and chain smoker voices though, they're often pretty cool guys. In terms of clothes and guns and stuff, they are pretty much on par with humans. They're also immune to radiation and can live for a long ass time. There's even some ghouls who were alive over 200 years ago during the war. Just don't expect everyone to treat you the same as a normal human, unless you're like, Dean Domino or something cause I mean, come on, that guy has charisma leaking out of his burn marks.

Western Super Mutant
Fallout lore and character  185px-FNVSuper_mutant
I'm gonna probably limit how many of these can be around. For these guys think of like, if the incredible hulk had lots of babies. Super Mutants are big, green, and tough! They tower above humans and have plenty of strength to spare. Originally they were created by a crazy mutant brain called "The Master." After his defeat by the Vault Dweller over 100 years ago, the Super Mutants have tried to find their place in the world. Their talents are endurance and strength mostly. Of course with their huge size, they aren't very stealthy. In a lot of ways they have it worse than ghouls too. These guys are pretty scary. Especially on the East coast. Generally people will consider them hostile due to the Eastern Super Mutants being far more hostile. There's a difference between East and West Super Mutants. Those of the West were created by "The Master." These ones have the average intelligence of humans for the most part. Eastern Super Mutants were created in a vault and are much much dummer. They speak kinda like cavemen and generally attack anyone who isn't a ghoul or Super Mutant.

Mr Handy
Fallout lore and character  121px-Mister_Handy
I'm still on the fence about this one, but it's kind of an interesting idea. These are awesome robots with some useful abilities. Their only downside is that they have no stealth, and can't really change their weapons or anything.

Mr. Handy are sort of like robotic butlers. They are equipped with four eyes ( one for each side ) a buzzsaw for cutting stuff, and a flamethrower to uh... burning things. They also have storage space and a small water purifier, although it has to recharge after use.

either way, during battle you get to shout anti communist phrases during battle.

Factions to be familiar with:

The Brotherhood of Steel: "The only salvation this tortured planet and its people have. Without us, humanity is sure to perish."
Fallout lore and character  165px-BoS_logo
The Brotherhood of Steel is an organization made from the remnants of the US army. They are obsessed with obtaining and preserving old world technology. As such, they have very high end equipment from plasma rifles to power armor. Missouri is currently occupied by brotherhood and as such, other factions have generally steered clear. The brotherhood are tough and skilled in many ways. On the downside, in their preservation of these lost technologies, they don't even share them with residents of the wasteland. At least you can count on them to keep the legion out of your home. The eastern brotherhood are also involved in the with the water purification you've been hearing about.

Basically paladins if technology was their god

The Enclave: "I am the elected representative of the people. The United States does still exist. God bless us, every one. We've just had to adapt in order to survive after the war."
Fallout lore and character  240px-John_henry_eden_685787

The Enclave is basically the remnants of the united states government. They're very secretive and many doubt their existence at all. They are very elitist and don't take too kindly to mutated folk. Pure humans ftw! They are very similar to the brotherhood in terms of equipment and strength. Four years ago they resurfaced during the battle of the water purifier and duked it out with the brotherhood for quite awhile. In the end they were defeated by the Lone Wanderer of Vault 101 and their plans involving the water purifier were ruined. Whatever remains has since vanished....

The New Californian Republic: "A safe people is a strong people."
Fallout lore and character  240px-FNV_NCR_Flag

The NCR is a military force largely on the west coast. They're really into Democracy and Liberty and lots of other old world values. They're also very concerned with repairing the damage done and restoring order and progress to the wasteland. Although not as well equipped with crazy energy weapons as the brotherhood and enclave, but they're still pretty tough. Their snipers and revolvers are AWESOME! Also their ranger armor is seriously badass. It's got this sweet duster and gas mask and OH MAN IT'S SO FUCKING COOL!!!

Caesar's Legion: "My Legion obeys me, even unto death. Why? Because they live to serve the greater good, and they know of no alternatives."
Fallout lore and character  189px-CaesarLegionSymbol
Alright if you're smart you'll leave these guys alone. Seriously. They are a basically post apocalyptic Roman Empire. They concur, they pillage, they enslave, they rape, they crucify! CRUCIFY! Caesar ( literally pronounced C-EYE-SAR rather than Sezar ) is like a Utilitarian Roman emperor. In the world's current weakness, they are sweeping the nation to create one force under Caesar. They even believe the nukes were sent by the God of War. They're crazy. Don't fuck with them. They own a lot of the states to the west of Missouri and the only reason they haven't got you by the balls is the Brotherhood standing in their way.

Vault dwellers:
Fallout lore and character  220px-Votf
These guys aren't exactly a single faction, but possibly hundreds all over the wastes. Before the nukes fell, there were hundreds of underground vaults placed all over the world to shelter humanity's finest in order to resurface after shit went down. Many vaults were subject to social experiments though. Experiments on how people adapt... or don't adapt, to various situations. Hey, what's the cost of a few hundred thousand lives if it gives the government and enclave such useful data right?

You may run into some on your adventures, but they may not be full of the jumpsuit wearing survivors you'd expect..... You are free to be a descendent of one of those survivors. You get a nifty blue and yellow jumpsuit and everything! Having a proper schooling and upbringing of the old world means you'll be pretty charismatic and intelligent. You'll also have access to a pip-boy. Pip boys are awesome glove watch thingies. They're like a smart phone for you! They have a built in map, inventory screen, notepad, and radio! They also moniter your hydration and radiation levels. They're very handy! The downside is that living in a sheltered vault means you're pretty green to the outside world. You'll be less durable and have less of a resistance to things than someone who grew up in the radiated world.

If you have special requests for fallout species or whatever I'll hear your character ideas. Interesting characters are always cool.

Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

PostSubject: Re: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am

I guess I'll do another post for some of the wildlife you'll probably know about or come across

dogs and cats still exist as some of the few creatures not mutated to hell. Many are wild beasts now and will attack you. Cats are fewer in numbers too due to being hunted for food often.

Mole Rat
Fallout lore and character  150px-Mole_rat_FO3

ugly fuckers as big as a large dog. They're generally hostile, but they aren't very strong and do make for a good meal.

Bloatfly: giant flies. They are annoying little fuckers who shoot goop at you. It's yucky.

Radroach. Giant cockroaches. Super weak and used for food. What's a post apocalypse without giant bugs right?

giant ant: name says it all

Rad scorpion: Giant scorpions. They have very hard shells so think about where to aim. Be careful getting too close too. They have a gigantic stinger!

Mirelurks: Mutated craaaaaaab people
Fallout lore and character  229px-Mirelurk
Super tough shells. So long as you stay away from their eggs they'll leave you alone. Mostly seen by water.

Deathclaws
Fucking run Fallout lore and character  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZm56ANjd4Ths8TyV1TGTfct59H0xa_ozewJ0cf6QAajbEcGO0
no seriously, you see one you RUN!
Spoiler:

there's a lot of creatures so I'm just gonna link to the creatures section of the wiki. If something comes up and you aren't sure what it might be then just take a look here http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Creature

there's also gonna be other mutated beasts out there not covered in fallout. Gotta have some surprises right?
Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

PostSubject: Re: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 am

Got so wrapped up in lore that I forgot the stat related stuff.
Okay so I'm still working on how I'll make the stats work here. I don't even know if it will be as deep as I'm making it etiher. What you basically need to know is that everyone is S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Some people are more special in various ways. I find this to be the best way to explain it
S is for Strength, and that means I am strong! I can carry lots of toys and swing stuff all day long!
P is for Perception, a long funny word! It means what I tasted, smell, saw and heard!
E is for Endurance, and that's how long I can play! I'm always really healthy, and have energy all day!
C is for Charisma, it's why people think I'm great! I make my friends all laugh and smile, and never want to hate!
I is for Intelligence, it means I'm really smart! I use my brain for lots of stuff, like science, math and art!
A is for Agility, that's how I get around! I move real fast and easy, and I never make a sound!
L is for Luck, and it's simple, you see! It means that good things always happen to me!

There's 40 points you may distribute into these traits however you want, although the cap for each is 10. As such, you'll do better with things that relate to a SPECIAL trait you have a lot of points in. It's also possible to gain more points to use, although they're quite rare. I've always been one of those people who puts a fairly even amount into everything.

Now there's the skills. Skills fall under different S.P.E.C.I.A.L. I'll put the letter of the which trait each skill falls under
A| Guns- skills with various firearms
E| Big Guns - skill with big stuff like chain guns and flamethrowers and stuff
P| energy weapons- skill with the various laser and plasma based weapons
P| explosives- grenades and rockets and nukes oh my!
E| unarmed- skill in fist fighting and various gauntlet related weapons
S| melee weapons- hammers, swords, lead pipes, pool cues, etc
P| lockpick- self explanatory. You're gonna need bobby pins though
I| medicine- how well you can heal yourself and others, provided you have the proper materials
I| repair- fixing robots and computers and weapons and things.
I| science- hacking computers and robots. This can also help out with medicine and repairing things
A| Sneak- sneaky sneaky and light on your feet
E| Survival- cooking and wasteland know how. You can use this to call on your knowledge of the wastes to recall useful information
C| Barter- your ability to buy and sell things at better prices.
C| speech- talk yourself out of various situations. A silver tongue can save you lots of trouble

What determines each skill is this. The equation is 2+(2xstat)+(luck/2). Say my strength is 8 and my luck is 5. That means my beginning skill in melee weapons is 13. Simple eh? In addition, everyone has 3 tag skills of their choosing that instantly grants them +10 to each. In addition, you get 10 skill points to distribute every time you level up ( however the hell I'm going to figure out how to do that ) Finally, the higher your intelligence, the more skill points you get each time you level up. If you're intelligence is 6 then you'll get 16 points to distribute upon leveling up.

Last edited by Commander Lionspirit>:3 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 am

With S.P.E.C.I.A.L., you have a base of five points in all parameters, plus five extra points you may allocate however you please. You may also remove points from a parameter to add more points for allocation, but that'll mean leaving a stat below the average of 5.

Here's a Basic way of looking at it:

Basic:

S: 5
P: 5
E: 5
C: 5
I: 5
A: 5
L: 5

Plus extra points:

S: 6
P: 5
E: 5
C: 5
I: 7
A: 6
L: 6

Extra Points, Plus Stat Removal:

S: 7
P: 3
E: 6
C: 4
I: 8
A: 6
L: 6
Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

PostSubject: Re: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 am

Darc made a character here, http://pastebin.com/LN3ceYSk it's a good example of how to set them up with their stats and whatnot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout lore and character    Fallout lore and character  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout lore and character
Page 1 of 1