The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions

Go down 
+3
Aka
Zalty
Kikren
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

Friendliness : 1952

New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions Empty
PostSubject: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

So I'm making this post for how we feel about the details that have been said about the new Zelda game. As more details come out, we can add to this post and work on it from there.

First off, the article on Nerds Raging (Provided by the link on the Nerds Raging topic in General Chat and written by our good friend, Aka!) said that “'Nintendo is sticking to the core values of Zelda, while trying to appeal to a wide range of gamers.'” Now I see this as a good thing for a company, but it has a chance to be bad for the long time fans of Zelda games. They'll try to stay with the core values but it may make the game easier or it may be more about action than our beloved puzzles.

Next, the article source says that, "It’ll end up being the most expensive game they’ve made to date. It’s a huge investment for Nintendo in money and manpower" which basically means that the game is going to be freakin huge. If they have a lot of man power working on it and it's coming out in 2014 it's going to be an enormous game with tons of gameplay. Hopefully there's a lot of unique sidequests and not a lot of just boring filler.

Finally, Aka ended the article by saying "that the first dungeon was “bigger than Hyrule Field in Ocarina.”" Just imagine that for a second. It's gorgeous isn't it? However, I'm afraid that with such a huge dungeon and wanting a wide appeal to gamers will oversimplify these dungeons. Imagine a complex puzzle in a huge dungeon that you have to figure out for awhile. Isn't it great? Well now imagine your just getting Zelda and you just want to cut some bitch in half. So combine those two and you have the simple, "Kill enemies, get small key." puzzles that have plagued my existence since I started playing Zelda games. Hopefully they stay true to their word but at the same time I'm prepared for a game that is more battle oriented and less puzzle oriented.

If you want to argue these points Bring it bitch just post and we can discuss.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 pm

It's gonna be Zelda Kart! Totally calling it!

Nah, just kidding.

Just read the article, and I daresay I'm optimistic about this. I share your worries, too, Robby, and I hope that they'll keep it challenging. Even if it isn't, it'll be massive!

I'm pretty psyched about a Zelda game, specifically, being the biggest thing Nintendo has done to date. Zelda is getting the respect it deserves! (Personally, I never saw why Mario games were so much more popular.)
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Do you guys want me to link the original article??
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

Friendliness : 1935

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm sure it'll be fine. Nintendo knows their stuff when it comes to games. It's just that they have a hard time branching out to try something new with their characters. It makes me happy that what I've read from various places online say it may be different from the older games. I enjoy zelda, but I reeeeally think they need to bring something fresh to the table. Remember how Majora's Mask wasn't even about saving zelda? That game probably had the most interesting plot of all the zelda games. I think they need to try a new story like that. Sure have zelda in it, hell, let her get kidnapped, but could we get something fresh with that? Maybe some kind of twist to the formula.

I'd also like some new game mechanics. Having some change would be nice and make it stand out from the rest. Wind Waker had sailing which was pretty awesome compared to the other games. Not to mention an awesome art style to go with it. Skyward Sword also had a big change in game mechanics with the wii mote sword deal. Yeah it could get annoying, but at least it was an attempt at something new. I'm really hoping they'll bring in some new mechanics to this game.

I always thought it'd be cool if Link got a shape shifting sword. Like you'd have the standard sword and shield combo, but you could change them into two faster swords like short katanas or something and become quicker and dealing fast swipes on enemies. Then you could also turn it into a big claymore and hit with slow, but powerful blows. It could add some puzzles to the enemies like, say there's an armored rhino thingy. It has a really tough shell so you gotta break it. You change your sword to the two speedy katanas and moved around slashing it's legs fast till it fell over from all 4 being sliced in succession. Then you turn those blades into the big claymore and wail heavy blows down and slowly crack that shell open, leaving it open to attack. Finally turn it back into the normal sword and bring it down on the beast's head. Another situation could be some reforming monster that just won't die. You could mash it with the claymore and then bring out the duel katanas and quickly slash up each reforming piece till it goes down and stays down! Maybe for new items they could add some enchantments to the swords like fire blasts and water coating and all that. I think it'd be cool anyway....

also I think it'd be cool if Link was a girl in one of these games. I mean it seems odd how all of these descendents are always a blond male with blue eyes. Naturally some point down the line there'd be a girl doing more than getting kidnapped. Maybe there was a male that everyone thought was the hero, but ganondorf realizes that whenever there's a blond hero with blue eyes around then he's gonna try and off him, so ganondorf storms his home and whoops his ass dead. Then it'd turn out that this Link had a sister who decides to take up arms and stop ganondorf herself and become the bearer of the triforce of courage. That'd be awesome. Anyways, I've gone off topic, so to sum it all up, new game sounds interesting, I hope it differentiates itself gameplay and story wise like the lengthy example I gave up there, and no matter what I'm sure it'll be good. Also giant world makes me happy

Last edited by Commander Catspirit on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Sure, why not?
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Scotia
Demon Slayer (posted it to death)
Demon Slayer (posted it to death)
Scotia

Friendliness : 754

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Commander Catspirit wrote:
also I think it'd be cool if Link was a girl in one of these games.

Did anyone else think of this?
I mean, I agree and all, but still.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Actually, I didn't, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm very interested to see how they make it Wii-U oriented. Maybe the item screen is down there permanently or something and you have to make fast changes to use items in the middle of combat. That would work for Commander's idea too. Use the Wii-U pad to switch between stages of blades. It adds a new element to all kinds of classic games so this may be a very interesting game. I honestly think they need to see the reception to the wii-U before they make a ginormous game for it
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:03 pm

I didn't quite get what they were saying about the graphics. Are they gonna be the same as that E3 video? I know it's not an actual preview of the game, but what about the graphics? I liked the look of that one.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:27 pm

I liked it too but they pulled that with the graphics with Zelda when the Gamecube came out and then suddenly: Wind Waker.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm

It's gonna be Skyward Sword style, Drae.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Not exactly the same, though.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 am

Draezeth wrote:
It's gonna be Zelda Kart! Totally calling it!

Legend of Zelda Modern Warfare!

*watches the apocalypse rain down and raging nerds everywhere form and angry mob with torches and pitchforks and the like*
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:13 am

Remember that idea I had about a modern Zelda game, half of forever ago?
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 am

I have a good prediction about this new game.
It'll blow your mind!

The protagonist will be a young man, clad in green, who fights mainly by using a sword and shield.
He will have to travel across the game world completing dungeons and finding dungeon items to advance in the plot, obviously after beating the boss of the aforementioned dungeons.
There will be a female character named Zelda, who will be the main heroine, despite her arguable lack of contribution to your game completion.
Ah, and it will likely fuck up any sort of organized timeline, official or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
J

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 am

New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions Aliens-meme

What I think the next Zelda game will be like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions   New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Zelda 2014 predictions/opinions
Page 1 of 1