The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

More help for another book.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: More help for another book.   Sat May 19, 2012 1:39 am

Ok, I know I haven't gotten far in my first book, but I've been brainstorming, and have come up with another story.

Henna is the gentle and caring 17 year old daughter of a farmer and his wife. The book opens on her house being burned down by a dragon. In the nick of time, a knight (currently named Garin) charges in with his guards and slay the dragon. Garin himself searches Henna's house and finds her, saving most of her in the nick of time. Unfortunately, the left side of her face, shoulder, arm, and part of her back are badly burned. Garin takes her to his manor, where she receives medical treatment.

Henna's initial angst over having lost everything she loved gradually fades as she fall in love with her savior, Garin. Unfortunately, her knight in shining armor is more than 10 years older than her, in his early thirties, and is already married. Garrin appears to be oblivious to her feelings (she doesn't make it obvious), and decided to officially adopt her as his daughter. His wife isn't as pleased about it as he is, but tries to treat Henna like her own child. (They don't have children yet.)

Now, what I need now is to determine the answer to these four questions:
1. Does Henna confess her love for Garin?
2. Does Garin reciprocate her feelings?
3. Does Garin's wife die?
4. Does Garin die?

Keep in mind that divorce is not accepted in this society. As nobles, Garin and his wife had an arranged marriage, and although Garin has brought himself to love her, he doesn't love her as much as he could love someonehe was more compatible with.

Right now my favorite two scenarios are as follows:

Scenario A:
1. No.
2. ?
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
In this scenario, Garin's wife dies between halfway and the end of the book. Henna can't bring herself to trouble Garin after the loss, and ends up waiting several years, living as his daughter. While Garin is away in a war, Henna decides that it's time to tell him. But Garin dies on the battlefield.

Scenario B:
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Either.
4. No.
In this scenario, Garin's wife isn't much of a plot point. Henna brings herself to confess her feelings for Garin, and is surprised and overjoyed that he loves her as more than just a parent. However, their society would not allow Garin to leave his wife for her, as he is duty-bound, and would frown on a relationship between a man and his daughter, even if adopted, and especially if she's a peasant. They may or may not have an affair in this scenario. In the end, both of them live a complicated, but very happy life, as father and daughter outwardly, and lovers inwardly.

My goal for this book(s) is to focus more on emotions than a goal. I want this to be an emotional rollercoaster, and either end in heart-wrenching tragedy, or something happier but still with a negative side to it.

These aren't the only scenarios that could work, but I like these two the best. I MAY write more than one version of the book... But I want to know what you guys think. What scenario would you like best?

I also need a title for the book.

Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten.”
-Cree Indian Prophecy

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Last edited by Draezeth on Sat May 19, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Sevy
Awesomeness!
Awesomeness!

Friendliness : 184

PostSubject: Re: More help for another book.   Sat May 19, 2012 2:33 am

Draezeth wrote:
Garrin appears to be oblivious to her feelings (she doesn't make it obvious), and decided to officially adopt her as his daughter.
That one's spelled differently then the others.
Also, I'm yelling "DEMACIA"
That's probably a bad sign.

Edit: I already threw this at him in chat but I'll put it here

1: Yes
2: Either
3: Yes
4: Yes
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: More help for another book.   Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am

Yes
yes
no
yes

Perhaps they have an affair that Garins wife knows or at least suspects but doesn't confront him about but when he dies he leaves her to take care of the girl while they despise each other, perhaps even a sort of Cinderella situation, but probably not because that would be cliche. maybe they don't confront each other about it for a long time or the affair somehow even indirectly caused the death of Garin and rather than mistreat the girl his wife simply denies her the one thing she longs for her soul to be at peace, forgiveness. When Garins wife dies she will be left everything but she will also be left bitter and alone to try and move on with her life.

OH SHIT YOU GUYS HARRISON FORD IS BACK FOR MY FANCY ASSORTED CHOCOLATES

Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: More help for another book.   Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 am

Your second scenario is pretty good, J, I'll keep it in store.

Oh, and I need a title.

Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten.”
-Cree Indian Prophecy

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Sevy
Awesomeness!
Awesomeness!

Friendliness : 184

PostSubject: Re: More help for another book.   Sat May 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Something else I want to say...
Draezeth wrote:
The book opens on her house being burned down by a dragon.
I feel this sounds kinda rushed
This kinda makes me think 'amnesiac', who you could use as a Watson, for explanation variety, a reason to keep Garin around her more, and allowing some drama somewhere.
Again, your work. Just throwing my thoughts.
In any case, have fun being stuck on TVTropes all day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More help for another book.   

Back to top Go down

More help for another book.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1