The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Skyrim- Draezeth's Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

Skyrim- Draezeth's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim- Draezeth's Journal   Skyrim- Draezeth's Journal I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:18 pm

This is based on my most recent trip to Blackreach.

------

Loredas 20th of First Seed

Something about Blackreach utterly fascinates me. It fills me with an excited giddiness inappropriate for an axe-wielding Nord Dragonborn. Which would explain why I’m exploring it for the fourth time, today. I entered through the Great Lift at Mzinchaleft this time. My exploration began several hours ago, so forgive me if I cannot recall all of the details.
I began by skirting the walls of the great cavern, charting as I went along, but soon I grew bored and headed farther in. I slew a giant early on, and soon, my Falmer Body Count rose by two as I passed by a small encampment. The boots I had found near Hag’s End are proving to be invaluable. They don’t make a single sound as I walk, rendering me completely invisible to the Falmer!
The first place I entered was the catacombs. There’s something I find interesting about its location. Probably the fact that it resembles a sewer outlet. This time, I brought a ring I’d enchanted with waterbreathing, as I had trouble exploring the underwater area without one. The fruits of this effort were few. Three chests containing various items, including a couple of potions and some low-quality armor. Even though I could have hoped for better, it does bring up some interesting questions: how did they get there? Was that section originally dry?
I eventually exited the building and emerged into Blackreach’s still air. I never would have imagined how unnatural windless air could feel. This is a city untouched by Kyne. Mara may have a way to it through me, however.
I found a couple of geode veins and was surprised by my initial luck. A couple of black and grand soul gems on my first try! I wonder why Corundum tends to show up in those veins, too.
After increasing the dead to alive Falmer ratio by a little bit, I headed back to the spider-filled tower. I figured I’d try to get through that webbing again. In the end, it proved to be a futile effort, so I just grabbed some Crimson Nirnroot to make the trip slightly more worthwhile, and headed back out into the cavern.
At that point, I decided to try and focus on following one of the roads going through the cavern. That was no easy task, let me tell you! Right away, I spotted a fascinating beacon, glowing greenish-blue, as Dwarven Oil does. It only became more interesting as I realized that the designs at its base weren’t simply designs, but appeared instead to be mechanisms similar to the artifact in the Tower of Mzark that contained the elder scroll. Now that I think back, I should have tried to use magic on the beacon. It may have done something. I’ll have to return at a later time and do it.
Shortly afterwards, I was caught off-guard by a Troll. That was a big surprise to me. I had had a run-in with three Frost Trolls during my first expedition, but I didn’t expect a regular one as well. That makes me wonder just how long they had been down there. Probably entire generations, considering that Alftand was the only way in and out, the first time I came, and that I was the one to unlock it! I have since linked Blackreach to other Dwemer ruins, and lifts to the surface. This may not be a good thing, considering the Falmer may want to take advantage of these new passages, but I don’t think it will be a big problem, since they seem to have access to almost all of the ruins already. And I don’t plan on allowing them to remain a species for very long.
I continued along the path for a ways, and eventually found myself near the fort above which hangs the artificial sun. I wonder how the Dwemer made it, and why it is still going? I don’t think any Dwarven Spiders could reach it. So many fascinating mysteries surround the Dwemer, and I don’t think we’ll ever find out even half of them.
I entered the fort, expecting slaves, but the Falmer appear to have neglected to replenish their supply. I feel bad about having to kill them. It’s truly a pity that they attacked me before allowing me to explain that I could save them. I wish I could have known their names.
I wandered the forth’s towers aimlessly, bumping my Falmer Body Count past two dozen along the way, and eventually found myself on the porch overlooking half of the cavern. I think this has to be my favorite spot in the whole place. The Falmer clearly seem to think so, because the one that was sitting in it was clearly not normal. It somehow “saw” me before I attacked it, and it hit extremely hard. I decided to throw caution to the wind, and Shouted it off to the ground below.
After that, I tried using Unrelenting Force on the orb, but nothing happened this time. I wonder how long that dragon had been in Blackreach, and if the Falmer knew of its presence. It had probably been there even before Alduin’s first fall, unless there is a way into Blackreach by flying. I could ask Odahviing about it when I return home. But if there is no entrance, then how did the dragon get there in the first place? Perhaps the Dwemer found a way to capture it, and brought it here. I can absorb a dragon’s soul, but I can’t see anything of their life before. Haha, I should tell Farengar about the dragon too. And Calcelmo. I’ve got a lot of talking to do, and I have no idea why I haven’t thought of it before.
I can see the giant mushroom in the distance. Why does it glow purple? Perhaps when the glowing mushrooms grow old, they turn that color? Consider its size, it probably is the oldest in the city. I wonder what sort of view one could have from the top. So many questions.
And now here I am, sitting in the throne on this balcony, wearing my old set of Dwarven armor. It somehow feels more comfortable than my Daedric set, probably because I wore it for longer.
Draezeth, Jarl of Blackreach… I can see it now. Sitting on my throne, high above the city, donning the gold-hued armor of the Dwemer. Alduin’s bane, vanquisher of the Falmer. I can see it all before me. Tiber Septim was a dragonborn, was he not? He founded an empire. I’m certain that rendering the Falmer extinct couldn’t be that much harder. And after the Falmer are gone, Blackreach will be converted into an inhabitable city once again. Perhaps the Forsworn would be willing to take it instead of the Reach. If not, maybe the inhabitants of Markarth could be moved here instead. But there is no use dreaming of such things. Actions must be done.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/

Skyrim- Draezeth's Journal
Page 1 of 1