The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

Introductions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:10 pm

My strong point is people because I got my Ba in sociology!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Thought about doing this a couple of days ago and then got sidetracked.

Well here goes, I'm also Kelly.
I'm a 21 yr old guy from Boise Idaho with an unnatural appetite for adventure for growing up in such a boring place. I'm currently at BSU studying Physics, Philosophy, Linguistics and predominantly Japanese. I have a history in fine art, but no desire to make a living by it.
That said, I'm a nerd, I play tabletops, every video game that looks worth a damn, and I have a ridiculous amount of useless knowledge floating about. I also do lacrosse and soccer recreationally, and have an unhealthy devotion to volkswagons.

As far as what I can bring to the table, I love equations and mathematical problems and a die hard stubborness. On top of that, I tend to try my best to work around obstacles by nonconventional means, when I get stumped. Also, a long love affair with mystery novels.
Back to top Go down
TheLilacPilgrim
Friend
Friend

Friendliness : -1

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm a latecomer to the whole saga, been dipping in and out for about a month in my lurky fashion. Curse my love of problem solving though; it's brought me back over and over. Grr.

I'm Lilac, or Aileen if you prefer, Scottish 21 year old taking a break from uni. I love video games but mostly things like the Pokémon series and Metal Gear Solid... and Professor Layton >_> I love writing and word games. Oddly enough I really dislike creepypasta. I have been a spectator to Zelda games but never played one, so it's mostly the "OMG PUZZLES <3" bit that interests me in this ARG.

As I've said, I reckon I have fairly strong problem-solving skills and word-based puzzles are my favourites, and I love looking for patterns and hints.

...Also hi :P
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

Friendliness : 362

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Kelly, Lilac, very nice to meet you both! Looks like we're going to have a great team loaded with creative problem-solvers. Best of luck. :) This is bound to be amazing. <3

I suppose I didn't really talk about myself, so I'll do so. ;3 If that's okay. Like I said, my name is Kat. I'm a little shy at times, and I don't like to argue or upset people very much. I also have a bit of an oversensitive personality...hence why I'm actually very quick to understand things that people are saying -- you know, the underlying things -- which is why I'm usually soon to spot the difference between good behaviour and something malicious.
I guess I also have an attachment issue...I grow fond of things. Things that I shouldn't. I have a tendancy to want to guide the shadows to light, so to speak, even if I'm not supposed to...hopefully it doesn't interfere with things too greatly -- my fondness of certain things, that is. It..has gotten out of hand before.

I'm more of a "seer" and a reader than I am a mathematician; give me a document and I will scan it thoroughly with great pleasure. I can pick out things, and if my knowledge is extensive enough, I can make connections in a snap.
<3 heehee....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Same as with Kat, I should talk a bit more about myself.

I play guitar, and I'm in a band, Lead Guitarist, I had small children asking for my autograph at my last gig hahaha.
I really enjoy acting and(Although I am very intelligent) am looking at taking it up as a career. I am currently part of a Youth Drama club and the local Playhouse and we put on lots of different shows.
I'm in... Will be in after the holidays, my third year at college(High-school for you americans and/or canadians) And often spend my time studying for exams or doing the mountains of homework I'm given.
I have a dog and used to have a cat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

meekone wrote:
Would anyone like to go back around the table and talk a little bit about how they feel they fit into this plotline (what are your strengths, weaknesses, issues and enjoyments as an ARG player, etc.)? I was thinking of making a separate topic for this, but then, I'm not so sure...

Well if we are talking about our streghts and weaknesses then my stregths are videogames and reading :study: and puzzels.my weak point would definatly be how i get carried away and get way to absorbed into things. and thats a problem for me when i want to be analyzing something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi there!

I'm new to this ARG, ARGs in general, and to this forum, but I've spent the last two days diligently reading as many related websites, forums, wiki pages, and what-have-you related to the Haunted Majora's Mask Cartridge that's become the catalyst of so many of our collective sleepless nights.

My name is Daniel, I live in Texas, and to relieve Sami of the burden of being the oldest person on the team, I'm 25 years old. I chose "Rilakkuma" as my avatar because I found an awesome Rilakkuma hoodie while studying abroad in Japan and wear it just about everywhere I go when it's cold here (which means I wear it maybe 15 days out of the year -_- ). Also, Rilakkuma is a pretty relaxed guy (the name being a play on the Japanese words for "Relaxation" and "Bear"), and I tend to be calm in chaotic situations and the mediator in hostile ones.

I feel as if I kinda know you guys a little, at least personality-wise, from reading the MASSIVE amount of text on the YSHDT main page (I started about 2/3 of the way down...but still, that was metric shitton of text ._.). It's my pleasure to meet all of you, and I know we're going to murder BEN in the face by the time this is all over with. Well...metaphorically. ...y'know, 'cause BEN has no face, and can't really be murdered, being a malevolent entity and all. Regardless, he's going down!!
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 am

It's such a pleasure to meet you, Daniel. ;3 Welcome, welcome, welcome. You've come aboard an amazing team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:16 am

Hi there,

Like a lot of people, I'm new to this ARG, and ARGs overall. Needless to say, this one has really caught my attention and imagination (to the point I'm thinking of writing my own).

I first found out about this when a friend linked it to me. At first, I thought it was real. The first part of Arc 1 was so convincing, I was almost fooled. It wasn't until I saw some really obvious video editing from JAD and reading the 'Truth' section of the page, that I found out what was going on, and what an ARG was.

Anyway, I hope I can be of any help, though my ideas can be pretty wacky :P
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:23 am

Noobmister wrote:

At first, I thought it was real.

Muahahaha..... Welcome, welcome, welcome sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

My name's Brett, I usually use the alias Nargotah. I'm 17, very good with words and almost anything to do with them, I can do a lot of research quite easily and quickly if need be which i'm sure will be useful when the game gets back to the pace it was at earlier. I have been told by a psychologist (excuse me I have to stroke my ego) that I am actually quite good at theoretical psychology, which may be useful eventually. I also thought this was real at first, and was absolutely thrilled when I found out it was just a game because goddamn I already downloaded thetruth.txt and was kinda freaking out about that. I came in about two weeks ago, and have been catching up on everything that's gone on. I ended up watching all the videos while in school, which was just wonderful. One of my friends asked me why I was gripping the armrests hard enough to break them, and I couldn't really confess that I was scared by someone messing about with a Gameshark. But hey, that's the power of nostalgia. The last thing you want to see is good childhood memories being twisted and disfigured.

Oh, and we're all going to kick BEN's ASS!
Back to top Go down
Apa
Friend
Friend

Friendliness : 39

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Damnit Brett, the pie really gave BEN some strength, that avatar is huge!

Anyway, I suppose I should introduce myself. Hey everybody, I'm A-negative, and I think monkeys are awesome. I'm an 18-year-old guy living in Sweden, although I do kind of possess the mind of a 5-year-old. I can be quite mischievous and childish, sorry about that.

This is my first ARG and I joined it somewhere in the middle of October, when it had just gone on pause. I've used my time to read up on it all on different sites and I feel like I've got most of the details now, so I'm going to try and put all I know here on this forum to help.

English is not my native language, and so deliberative spelling errors in the ARG can sometimes pass by my radar pretty easily without me knowing. I guess that'd be I weakness of mine. I'm also a bit of a slow reader so when a new site or update shows up, I'm probably going to be the last to comment, ugh. Oh, and I never beat Majora's Mask. I have no idea why. It wasn't because I wasn't skilled enough, I guess I just didn't have the time... (That's a really lame excuse. It's a TLoZ game damnit, if you haven't got time then you MAKE TIME!) Playing it through now though, so I think I'll be able to say I have beaten it soon enough.

I'm quite the logical thinker and I try to do my homework thouroughly when it comes to stuff I like. So the theories you'll get from me will probably be based on good ol' logic and facts. Doesn't mean I'm too afraid to think outside the box though. I do that too, I just tend not to go with the most far-fetched and wacky ideas. I'd say these are my strengths. I was also raised on the TLoZ-games(I didn't get to play them all though... For example, LttP was my brother's copy and he never let me play. Yes, one they he shall pay.) which I guess should count for something.

I hope that'll do as an introduction! Damn, it was a pretty long one... Heh, that's what she said. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Nice meeting you all, now LET'S BEAT THIS THING!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:56 am

Hello~ Although I've met a few of the people here already, I decided I should make a proper introductory first post.

I'm Bomber Gang Kid #0. I'm 20 years old. I've been following this ARG since the beginning, and it's been incredibly fun. I teamed up with the BGKs shortly after the phone calls started back in October. I make it a point to mingle with other groups as much as possible. I think it's important to view problems from every angle, so it's great to meet lots of different people with different strengths and ideas. This place seems very well organized and everyone I've talked to so far has been quite friendly, so I think I'll stick around. :3

As far my own strengths and weaknesses go, regrettably, I lack a lot of skills that are usually useful in ARGs (deciphering, etc.). I daydream a lot, and I think in pretty simple terms, so I fall a bit behind when it's time to talk theories. I would consider my greatest strength to be spreading warm fuzzies and doing my best to raise morale. I'm a little sensitive and have a tendency to get gloomy at times, but in general, I'm a good one to have around if you need somebody to bake a batch of rainbow cookies that taste like hugs and sunshine. ♥

Aside from that, I like to draw, write, and occasionally voice act. I'm a huge horror fanatic, even though I get all paranoid and jumpy. I'm obsessed with pandas. I grew up on the Zelda games, and MM became my ultimate favorite when it came out. My favorite non-Zelda game is Katamari Damacy. ♥ Hmm. I guess that's all for now.

I look forward to busting BEN right in the kneecaps with all of you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

Hey, guys.

My name's Andrea (On-dree-uh) (I don't really have a cool internet alias, though I have been using AlcurarLucia a lot as of late.) I caught up with the ARG after it was linked on a friend's facebook page. I missed the second arc by about a week >.<; This was the first creepypasta and the first ARG that i'd ever been into. (I love creepypastas now, by the way.) I thought this might have been real at first, but I wasn't sure. My fiancé kept telling me it was hacked, or edited. Anyway.. I tend to sit on the sidelines and observe, forming my own theories and digging and finding my own clues. I can find information fairly easily.. Although... I'm not sure how that's useful... Maybe I could sneak up on BEN.. lol.

Fun fact: I'm terrified of game glitches. When I was 12, I started a new game on MM, and that ocarina death glitch happened.. where you gain control of Link, and he just drops dead. There are ocarinas in all of the C-buttons... yeah. I freaked out, because my brother was asleep, and couldn't logic me back to normal. I refuse to try to glitch or hack a game because of that incident. My stress dreams involve games glitching. Ask me about them... I have a few. But, needless to say, I got sucked into this pretty quick.

I write, and I draw. I have a neat picture that I drew of the dream that Jad had.. you know, where he was sewn into another statue? I don't have a functioning scanner, unfortunately. I get attached to people a bit too easily, and try too hard to help them. I'm very empathetic. I'm a gamer, I speak French, I play the piano, and I sing. I'm a total gamer.. though I didn't get my first system 'til I was 8. I'm 18 in the desert of New Mexico. (It's about 65 degrees right now Q.Q)

If y'all wanna know anything else, feel free to ask. I'm kind of an open book. :study:
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:20 am

AlcurarLucia37 wrote:

Fun fact: I'm terrified of game glitches.

Fun fact: Are you me?

<3 My nightmares used to revolve around games glitching out so bad that I couldn't even turn off the system or the TV. I hate the sound of a console or emulator crashing, and I hate weird shit. I grew out of it a tad, but it still took me a full two weeks to be able to watch ANY of Jad's vids without quitting!!! Hahaha. :3

Very nice to meet you. I'd love to see you in the chat sometime. Don't be shy!! :) <3 This is a really lovely bunch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Heeeyyy uh I'm horrible at introductions but uh hi. XD I'm Kio and I'm completely new to ARGs but I have to say this is pretty cool. I saw one of my friends joined so I figured I'd join as well. owo

I have to admit I might be mostly lurking because I honestly don't have much to add or anything but yeah. I...don't know what else to say.
Back to top Go down
meek
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 pm

This is fine! Welcome welcome, Kioso, it's very nice to meet you. Learn all that you can, and enjoy. Participate in the chat, too...we mostly just hang out there and enjoy ourselves, and it's really inspiring to watch theories get tossed around.
Back to top Go down
Dimbo
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Friendliness : 399

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 pm

I won't say my name, but I will say that I am from Santa Catarina, Brazil. Me and my friend, although he doesn't check the site or participate very much, talk about the ARG and I keep the duty to keep him informed on the situation, the problem is, my friend is a little... Strange, I always have to tell him ''It's OK BEN isn't after you...'' then I usually say something like: ''He's after you'r dog!'' then tell him BEN doesn't exist when he freaks out.
I wonder if Jadusable knows that people all around the globe knows about him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello, my real name is Jay, but I usually go around the internet with my screen name Infinitylancer. I first found out about this back in October, when my friend showed it to me. I thought it was just a creepy pasta, and we read it together until about 4 AM in the complete dark. I then found out there was a game being made when I checked back on the site randomly, and it actually wasn't until a few days ago that I realized that there was a Phase II. I have been reading and researching as much as I can and am confident in saying we will be able to defeat BEN.

This is my first ARG, and I'm not very good at hacking or code deciphering, but I usually catch hidden message or objects, stuff like that. I also have always had this keen eye for picking out spelling and grammatical errors. Don't know if this will help at all, but yeah. Me and my friends usually get together and go over this stuff, so hopefully we will be able to find something useful and let you guys know.

I've been a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda for as long as I can remember, and have played almost every single Zelda game. I watched my father(who was never really a gamer) play through A Link to the Past when I was young, and had soon become a master of that game myself. Ocarina of Time has some nostalgia linked to it, as I'm sure it has with all of you, but there has always been something about Majora's Mask that I had been drawn to. It has always given me this strange feeling, almost like the game never existed. I have a memory of me buying the game as a young child after seeing it in the store, I never even knew it had been released. So finding out about this ARG has unlocked something that I wish to see the end of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Kioso wrote:
Heeeyyy uh I'm horrible at introductions but uh hi. XD I'm Kio and I'm completely new to ARGs but I have to say this is pretty cool. I saw one of my friends joined so I figured I'd join as well. owo

I have to admit I might be mostly lurking because I honestly don't have much to add or anything but yeah. I...don't know what else to say.

KEEEOH

SUUUP *glomp* 83
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 am

Sup I'm arkheRdy. c:

I've been through this ARG for a good portion of it. I also have no life. I am also a gay male. I think that's all you really need to know, so feel free to skip the rest if you don't care.

I'm 18, and I discovered this ARG from one of my friends who was into it. He asked me if I could hack into a passworded file. He linked me to File 59 - not yet broken at the time, and I facepalmed because I assumed he meant it would be some sort of .zip or .rar file. Instead of going to my friend and explaining to him that breaking into that sort of file would take far too long and would be a waste of time, I started browsing the rest of the YSHDT site, and read through the chapters. By the second day I was actively participating in the discussions on multiple Chatangos.

My strengths are:
- Leadership
- Information Organization
- Walking Encyclopedia
- Video Analysis

Also, nak doof.
Back to top Go down
KungpowPanda
SPARTAAAA!!!
SPARTAAAA!!!

Friendliness : 486

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:37 am

Okay, I'm Synthyhoody.

I guess it's about time I introduce myself.
I go by many names but "Synth" be the most common. That, and "Panda"
It all really depends on who ya talk to.

I'm 20 years old, turning 21 very soon (YAY!) I'm a bisexual male, and I live in the worst state only second to New Jersey. And that's Maine. I discovered this ARG when I was searching creepypastas. I found Pokemon Ghost Black, and this shortly afterwords. I'm probably one of the most impatient people here, and if you read the theories. Our alleged release date will be the 21st. I'm gonna go Rambo if that ain't true.

CELTIC RAEG FTW.
Back to top Go down
Dimbo
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Friendliness : 399

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Synthyhoody wrote:
Okay, I'm Synthyhoody.

I guess it's about time I introduce myself.
I go by many names but "Synth" be the most common. That, and "Panda"
It all really depends on who ya talk to.

I'm 20 years old, turning 21 very soon (YAY!) I'm a bisexual male, and I live in the worst state only second to New Jersey. And that's Maine. I discovered this ARG when I was searching creepypastas. I found Pokemon Ghost Black, and this shortly afterwords. I'm probably one of the most impatient people here, and if you read the theories. Our alleged release date will be the 21st. I'm gonna go Rambo if that ain't true.

CELTIC RAEG FTW.

Are you the guy that has his music on the YSHDT Site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Since I'm not the first (nor the last) to say they are horrible at introductions, I'll leave that part out.... Kinda.

The name's Xidorn, oh all right not really. My real name is Noel, and (unlike most of my online characters) I'm a girl. I still would rather go by the other name. I enjoy the things that don't overdo trying to scare you. I unfortunately end up with weird nightmares because of stuff like this but, eh, there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

I seem to have gotten into this a bit late to the party.I came across this by accident, but ended up really interested. I wish I could have helped earlier on but I seriously didn't know this existed until a week or two ago. (Which is kind of ironic cause I honestly was about to draw up a fan comic by the same name as the forum.) And now I'm getting off track.

I'm still looking into this and would like to help in any way I can, and enjoy what everyone's doing to accomplish this. (And throw a wrench into BEN's plans either way. :) )
Back to top Go down
MaskedSheikah
Newb
Newb

Friendliness : 6

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 am

Well, I need to introduce myself, so I don't get a bunch of "...Who is that?" posts. :p

Anyways, I'm MaskedSheikah. Some of you may know me as YoshiKMW on a few other places, but I figured I should go as something different for once, at least for this ARG.

I've been in this ARG fairly close to the start...at least around the time BEN.wmv came out. I'm pretty good at theories and stuff, but not really with ciphers and similar items. I'm a pretty good source of information as well. If you're confused about something in the ARG, you can ask me. I (hopefully) will know.

As for a bit more personal information, I'm 16 years old and a girl (no I will not say "MY NAME HAS SHEIK IN IT AND IT MEANS MY GENDER IS AMBIGUOUS" thing XD), and I'm currently in 10th grade. :3 If you need to contact me for some odd reason, you can either message my YouTube accounts (either MaskedSheikah or YoshiKMW) or email me at YoshiKMW@aol.com or theMaskedSheikah@aol.com. Your best bet for getting me is on the Yoshi YT account. :p

So yeah...that's all I can think of for now....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    

Back to top Go down

Introductions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next