The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackspiritwolf
Warming up
Warming up

Friendliness : 169

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Everything in Ocarina of Time sacred the shit out of me when I was little. I saw someone do this earlier, and I'mma copy what they did: Divide each section into a game so I can recap everything that scared me. Oh boy. This may take a bit.

Ocarina of Time

Gohma - I find her extremely easy now, but when I was little, this thing scared the SHIT out of me. Not even kidding, I would run around the arena screaming my head off and trying to stay away from her. If she'd get to close, I'd turn off the system. My dad thought it was funny as hell, too. I would spend hours just doing this over and over. I do not even think I ever beat her when I was younger. I think my dad always had to do it for me. I was a little chicken shit XD

Sneaking up to Hyrule Castle - One thing you should know about me; I cannot STAND getting caught in things like this. It ALWAYS makes my heart race and jump if I get caught. This just doesn't apply to my childhood. That shit STILL scares me. Damn Princess Zelda. She is not worth the shit she makes me go through XD

ReDeads and Gibdos - These mother fuckers can kiss my ass. When I was little, these things made me cry. No joke. It would scream at me, make me freeze, and I would pound my controller into the floor and cry because I was so scared to die.

The giant rolling Goron - I could never get that bitch to stop, man, and it scared me to death to see him rolling at me. I died by that on more than one occasion.

PeaHats - These things made me HATE Hyrule Field during the day, just because I always seemed to stumble on them and not be able to get away before I died. Giant helicopter plants? No thanks.

Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly - The electrical enemies that you cannot kill scared me and had me running. I wanted to just freakin' forget Ruto and get my ass outta there.

FUCKING MOBLINS - Remember how I said I have a fear of getting caught when you have to sneak around? Yeah. I swear it is because of these mother fuckers. I would cry my eyes out harder then I did with the ReDeads because of these things. They just scared me because they charge at you if they see you. They actually still continue to scare me, though I now know that you can kill them, but still! They are the bane of my existence.

Wallmasters - My favorite enemy now, but one of my nightmares when I first encountered them.

Dead Hand - Though this thing scared me, I always questioned why the nails on it's hands were colored red. What, did it just go get a manicure before the battle? I guess it wanted to get all dolled up before meeting the Hero of Time. That explains why it looks like it's trying to make out with you when it attacks.

The Beginning of the Shadow Temple - The temple itself really did not bother me. It was the area before the main part of the temple, when you have to get the Hover Boots. As you are walking through the false walls and such, the voices keep appearing on the screen randomly, giving me the creeps. Even to this day, I always think something is either watching me or going to attack whilst doing that part.... *shivers*

Gerudo's Fortress - Kind of self exclamatory there, if you paid attention to earlier when I said I do not like sneaking around and getting caught.

Majora's Mask

ReDeads - These guys deserve another place in here, so I can redeem myself from what I said before. These guys did NOT scare me in this game, but only because of one thing... You could make them DANCE. That is the most amusing thing EVER, and it made me loose all fear of them.

Pamela's Father - I really did not think that Legend of Zelda would ever give me a jump scare that would actually scare me, but then THAT HALF-GIDBO FREAK comes screaming out at me. WHAT THE HELL, NINTENDO?!! I mean, the scene after everything goes down is sweet and all, but COME ON!! Do we need to traumatize children any more then we have?

The Moon - FUCK. YOU. MOON.

The Game Itself - This whole game is dark and eerie, which is why I love it. The whole concept and story was probably the best out of any Zelda game, but that game is just plain scary for LOZ standards.

Twilight Princess

Zant's Hand - These things can go to hell. To make it worse, Nintendo added that scary damn music that plays as they come after you. OH. MY. GOD.

Ghoul Rats - I hate when these things swarm you and you are like "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

When Midna almost dies - This was the first moment in a Zelda game to make me cry (Mind you, I played this game before I got very far in OoT and before I ever even played Majora's Mask). It wasn't a scare like you guys are talking about, but it scared me to death because I thought I was going to loose Midna if I did not get to Zelda in time. On top of that, I love Midna. Seeing her like that was just heart-wrenching.

And those are the things I consider the scariest in the Legend of Zelda franchise. Wow... This is a mighty long list. I am quite the chicken shit. The reason I think I get so scared is because when I play a game, I really put myself in it. I AM Link, ya know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blackspiritwolf
P0int13lank
Friend
Friend

Friendliness : 66

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:09 pm

In Ocarina of Time, when you were an adult the town would be infested with Redeads. I just remember once when I was little running in there like nothing was wrong (my TV made it difficult to see where they were crouched) hearing that scream and being frozen as about three zombies humped my face. ._. Admittedly, I cried one or two times because I couldn't go in.

On a side note, I never found the HMS scary until this ARG. I LIKED him ._. I thought he was a nice guy - you sold his masks like a good little salesman and if you didn't have the money to pay him back, he'd go batshit crazy but he always let you back in with welcoming arms! Like some kinda prodigal son. :D

I can't remember which game these things were from but I remember they were in Windwaker, I think. They were these weird plant things like grappling hooks and they'd slowly reach out and grab you. You'd get pulled in and they didn't DO anything besides drain your magic, but they scared the hell outta me.
Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Wayward Soul wrote:
6. Lon Lon Ranch AT NIGHT. Scariest sh-t ever...at least for me, thanks to my bloody cousin D;

ok now im curious as to the story behind this one...

OH SHIT YOU GUYS HARRISON FORD IS BACK FOR MY FANCY ASSORTED CHOCOLATES

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 am

That fucking Elegy of Emptiness statue. I turned off the game the first time I saw it. Eventually, I got over it but then the ARG came... THEN I avoided using the Link one whenever possible (You only have to use it three times). I'm over it now, though (And a big fan of the ARG).
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

Friendliness : 1952

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 pm

TOPIC REVIVE ACTIVATE.

when i was a kid and I first started OoT I could never figure out how to save so I'd play from the eginning each time. And everytime, i'd hurry up and try to get the hyrule efore they raised the fucking drawridge and left me trapped with zomie-skeleton-whateverthefucks outside. when I couldn't make it in time, I'd asically just flip out and turn the game off.

James Mitton    Samantha Eldridge
Lys Quinn         Heather Downs
Chris Bane        Leit Hahn
Nadine Lyons    Alann Clement
Back to top Go down
The Illuminati
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Friendliness : 291

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 am

well, the only thing i remeber scaring me, aside from redeads of course,was the great fairy.
every time i saw her i would shout "Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo!"
she was so freaking ugly but even more creepy. and that was why i would pass the 3ds over to drae (who also hated her),every time she would show up.
however one of the creepiest things, was her laugh whenever you finish a conversation with her. and why did you have to make her clothes weird too,why nintendo why?!
Back to top Go down
Masked
Newb
Newb

Friendliness : 10

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:02 am

What's weird is, when I was little, dead hands didn't scare me, but the boos in Super Mario 64 did. I don't understand how my brain works. Anyway, the Elegy of Emptiness statue was the only thing that scared me, and that was way in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?   

Back to top Go down

What moment in the Zelda Series scared you the worst?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2