The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

Friendliness : 1935

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications Empty
PostSubject: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications   Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 9:26 am

Okay the winner of our poll waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas space! This is where I want yall to ask questions on characters and shit. I'm doing things a bit different this time around in that I want you all to send me your characters in pm's. This will keep things interesting when you all end up meeting each other and will make everyone react more naturally to your personalities, races, etc. I think this will help encourage more organic roleplaying as strangers meeting.

Okay first let's get stat shit out of the way. Per Darc's suggestion we're gonna try what is called the "FC pointbuy system" We'll have the usual 6 stat system of Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. As a baseline you will have 8 in each stat which you can raise with points allotted to you at the start. Now comes the buying part. You get 36 stat points to start. This may seem like a lot, but it costs more and more of these points to increase stats as you go along. The way it goes is like this

9-12 each cost 1 points each
13-14 cost 2 points each
15-16 cost 3
17-18 cost 4
aaaaand so on. Short version is every two stat points makes the cost go up by 2.
Modifiers will work the same as D&D or Pathfinder so for those who don't know the system I'll explain here. A 10 in a stat will make your modifier 0 with every even number bringing the modifier up by 1. This means that if I want to stab a bitch with a knife and my strength is 12 my strength will add +1 to whatever number I roll on the d20. This also means that, since you're starting with 8 in everything, everything will be at a -2 till you decide to dump those points into the stat.

Okay so skills time! Swiping most of the list from the tabletop space rpg, "traveler," I found it covers most of we need so I'll put it all down here and when you pick your skills you can put down the ones you have and exclude the rest till you learn it. Just to note though, If you want to put a point in say "gun combat" then next to it I'd like you to specify what type of guns such as "Gun Combat: pistols" or "Gun Combat: rifles." These will cover most everything, but if you want some special skill just ask me
To start yall are gonna get 10 skill points to spend at your leisure. That number may be subject to change though :P
Spoiler:
Edit: quick note on two skills. I realized mixing two systems has some problems so I altered a few things. When you list skills in Guns: handguns or something it'll dictate how knowledged you are in those types of weapons and will, rather than help you hit with the gun, aid in your ability to figure out more advanced weapons or take more risky shots. For instance, having no training in the use of rifles means you can shoot it, but can't really aim the thing or figure out the fine details of how its operated. If you had a couple points in the skill then you'd know how to aim for specific limbs easier and the like.
Ttl;dr - points in melee, guns, and the like dictate your proficiency with these types of weapons

Second skill is knowledge. I thought about putting predefined knowledges in, but I figure it's easier to let you fill that in yourselves on whatever you'd like.

You may be wondering about hit points... and so am I. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle that and it may come to a player by player case decided by me so forget about that for now!

Now for the fun part, THE FLAVA. Obviously you can come up with whatever race or I can give you one I already have made if you want, but I figure most people will probably want to be something of their own design or a hooman or whatever. A couple things you'll need to put into thought...

Homeworld - Put information on your home here. Environment you're from, population, what kind of tech levels are there, etc. This also includes space stations and such if you wanna be a spacer by the way. Different habitats can give you a bonus to some skill that would be related to it. A planet known for agriculture might give you a bonus to animal handling and stuff which for the moment I'll say is a +2.

Race - put down yo race! Describe their appearance, what they're like, what the do, whatever. Races are a very broad subject and they'll vary in abilities for sure so I'll have to go over any special abilities your race may have. Just try not to overload them. I may ask for penalties on something if they're exceedingly good at something else. Each race can have +2 to a stat for something they're known for like, clawed ghoul fuckers would maybe have a +2 to melee unarmed.

Appearance - Not everyone of a specific race looks the same! That's racist! Give em some specifics why don'tcha?

Backstory - self explanatory, but I will mention a few things. Come up with a goal for your character. Characters need some sort of drive in their life. It doesn't necessarily need to be the only thing that keeps them going, but think of something that they want to pursue when the chance arises or something. Also try to stray away from crazed murderers that a team would absolutely not want to be around or the like.

Equipment - for now this'll be limited to simple type belongings. Just ask me what's okay if you're not sure but start with things like simple armors or knives and fire arms and shit. Mementos are okay too. For the most part if you can explain why you have these things logically and it's not stupid strong then I'll probably allow it. Just ask meh

These are the basic guide lines right now. They may be subject to change but it'll pretty much stick to this. Again, if you want to do something special equipment or skills or whatever just go over it with me and we'll try to make it work. The important part is to have fun so I'll do my best :D Be sure to ask me questions on here or skype or something if you're confused. I dunno how clear this all is cause it's late and I mighta fudged something in explanation

As for where we're starting, well, when you send these to me I'll get back to you on what you were doing before the events of this game start...

Last edited by Commander Catspirit on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darc
Booty Warrior
Booty Warrior
Darc

Friendliness : 1107

PostSubject: Re: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications   Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 6:24 am

Did a mockup character sheet with the current established rules, and did a guesstimation of what skills would be associated with which stats. Subject to change when Cat finishes working on the character creation process. It can be found Here. If you need an idea of how to do this junk, take a gander at my character sheet in progress, Here.

To Cat, 10 starting ranks of skills feels a little low for a spread of 36 skills. How about raising it a bit, or adding in a bonus from INT to skill ranks?
Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

PostSubject: Re: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications   Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 am

I was thinking since people will get some bonuses based on races and homeworld that 10 would be fair, but yeah adding skills per intelligence modifier wouldn't hurt and give less combat types more advantage. Yall can have 1 extra per int mod I s'pose. I don't wanna throw too many out at the beginning so yall don't start TOO strong.
Back to top Go down
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

PostSubject: Re: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications   Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 9:31 am

edited how weapon skills function a bit. Can be found underneath the skill tab
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications   Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace applications
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fourth Day :: The Garden :: Role-Play forum :: The Pool :: Other RPs :: Sandbox 2-
Jump to: