The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"You can't hear skin peeling." - Steffen 2015
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

Trial 5: ENDGAME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

Friendliness : 1952

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Alann stared ahead blankly, as if he was zoning out.

"...Are you finally going to tell them?"

"...You know...I love all of you so much now."

"B-but...You just said that..."

"That's right. I couldn't find any way to empathize with anyone. Or care for anyone. I didn't try to care anymore. I just went through the motions that life gave me." Alann grabbed at his chest and smiled, "...That didn't stop any of you. You tried to accept and handle the differences. You still called me by his name of course, but none of you told me that there was something wrong. None of you treated me any different. And you tried to act like it was the same. It...It was..."

"Absolutely infuriating."

"Th-Those are two conflicting emotions!"

"Do not be mistaken. I have never been upset at any of you. And I never will be. The anger I felt...was entirely self-loathing. You know...the one thing that any human wants more than anything...is to be understood. Being accepted or rejected; being called a lunatic or a saint; none of those matter as much as being understood. To be understood by another person, is to receive justification. To be able to say: someone saw why I think this way, and didn't write me off."

"That was the most painful loss I suffered. I didn't lose my feelings, I still had all of my inward feelings towards myself. I lost my connection to people. I couldn't be understood, no matter how anyone tried. But no matter how much you guys didn't understand...You still tried. You all accepted me, even when my own family could not. And I felt you trying to understand. I felt all of you doing different things to get the same feeling of friendship back. To understand why I was that way."

Alann's smile grew wider, and he clenched his shirt tighter, "I needed you to understand. I tried to reach out to you guys! I tried to explain everything! It all fell flat. With how your minds worked, nothing I ever said would work. And that's when I began to build."

"You built this alternate reality so that you could make friends with us? You made us kill each other! You've gone the complete opposite direction of that!"

"No, Julie. You're wrong." He smiled up at her endearingly, "I had already built this machine. Instead I started on a device that could disrupt memories."

James Mitton    Samantha Eldridge
Lys Quinn         Heather Downs
Chris Bane        Leit Hahn
Nadine Lyons    Alann Clement
Back to top Go down
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life

Friendliness : 855

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:34 pm

"And that's where the memory loss comes in."
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 am

"Well...you're not wrong..."

"It's just a sad half-truth." James interjected. "That machine is what started this whole mess."

"Well...yes, I believe you're right." Alann nodded, and smiled, "But I don't think it's a mess. It's exactly what we needed it to be."

"Alright, enough useless exposition. Tell us what the fuck you're going on about."

"Well like I said, I needed you to understand. You guys were all trying so hard to. I felt you all reach out to me, but it had no effect. The only way I could think of to get the connection to work, would be for all of you to go through the process of loss that I did. Memory loss seemed like the most obvious and easiest execution."

"Wh-What the fuck? The only way for us to understand is to make even more loss for everyone? What kind of sick thinking is that?"

"Well it worked out in the end. But of course, it wasn't that easy. I knew that it wouldn't be easy to convince all of you to simply throw your memories away." Alann shook his head and looked straight ahead, not really looking at anything in particular. "The only way to do it, would be to break you."

Back to top Go down
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life

Friendliness : 855

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:06 am

"Oh, we're broken all right."
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 pm

"No, I'm not talking about now. I meant before all of this."

"Before? Meaning...you did something to us before we were in the system...?"

"Exactly." Alann smiled at Liam, "I mean. You read all about them, didn't you?"

Liam met the stare and looked taken aback, "...You...did all of that...?"

"Everything...everything on that computer was orchestrated by you...?" Alicia stepped back and held her hand over her mouth.

"That still makes no sense! If you did everything, there's any of us would let you touch our memories!" Julie screamed across the room, as she gripped the railing.

"But you already did! There's no way you wouldn't have after what any of you went through." His expression didn't change.

"That's bullshit! I know that he's dead now, and I don't want to erase that!" Julie shut her eyes tight and kept going, "Just because my brother is dead doesn't mean that I want to forget about him. I would have carried that with me forever! You have to be lying!" She pointed her finger at him decisively.

The room stayed quiet for a while after the outburst, until he spoke up again, "So." He looked between Alicia and Liam, "Which one of you are going to tell her?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   

Back to top Go down

Trial 5: ENDGAME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7