The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalCalendarSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Share | 

Trial 5: ENDGAME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

Friendliness : 1952

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:15 am

The doors to the dining room swung open, and two people walked in. They walked forward and stopped next to the railing, with the doors swinging shut next to them.

"Shouldn't we try being a little happy that you're all alive?" the girl spoke up.

Julie scowled at her. "James. Samantha. What do you two want now? "

James looked around the room expectantly, before lowering his gaze, "She's not here. It's just like we thought." Sam reached over and squeezed his hand, trying to comfort him.

"Hello. I don't believe we've met." Heather spoke up, suspicion in her voice.

James Mitton    Samantha Eldridge
Lys Quinn         Heather Downs
Chris Bane        Leit Hahn
Nadine Lyons    Alann Clement
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 am

"You'd be mistaken, but at this point I don't really care to talk to you." James was short with Heather, and began addressing the room, ""Are we all up to speed?" And quick glance around the room gave a resounding, 'No.' James grit his teeth, "Fine then. A quick refresher course."

Sam nodded and snapped her fingers, "Alright! Let's go through what you guys know!" She cleared her throat, "The twelve of you have been stuck in this program for an unspecified amount of time. You all have memories of walking through the school gates and then blacking out to end up in the auditorium. You met a robotic bear that was acting as your principal who began telling you about being trapped here. That's when you all learned that it had been two years since your first day at this school! It told you that you had to Kill one of the other students, and get through a trial without being declared guilty to leave."

"Four trials in total. Chris killed Nadine by suffocating her. Punishment was falling and being impaled. Alann and Lys was a homocide-suicide. Alann was shot in the heart by Lys, and she responded by hanging herself. Leit was punished during this time by being electrocuted, causing him to go mute. Heather murdered Leit by poisoning him. Punishment was by poisoning as well. After the third trial, there was a machine given to open a room on the third floor, called the principal's office. Julie fought with Felix, and she hit him over the head with the device, causing him to lose his memory. You guys came to know that Felix as, 'Angel.' The final trial was Felix killing Molly, while Liam killed Alex. Punishment was being burned alive for Felix, and being crushed for Liam."

"That's not all of course! A few of you spoke to us during your stay here! I spoke to Leit after his punishment and gave him the device for his voice."

"And I spoke to Alex while Leit was being killed."

"We could only talk to one of you at a time at first. We were unsure of what the goals of the person who ran this were, and we thought that they would terminate the program if he caught wind of us."

"...With Molly's death, we understood that it was safer to make ourselves visible. We got to communicate with all of you and share information, while also keeping the person running the game in check, by not giving him an opening to kill us."

"The last thing that you guys should think about are all of the incentives that your received during your stay. And that will catch you up on what's going on."

Julie looked down at her feet at the mention of incentives, and spoke up, "We're all caught up to speed now, but where do we go from here? What clues are we supposed to look at?"

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 pm

"Maybe you should start with shutting the hell up for once." James adjusted his glasses, "We still have more to say."

Sam nudged James with her elbow and frowned at him, "Don't be rude, she has reasons to be impatient."

He gave a weak smile at her, "And I have reasons to be rude, don't I?" He looked back up to the group, "Now since you guys have been stuck in this program, we've been with you guys, since the beginning. We were able to watch over all of you through a screen. The three of us: that is, Molly, Sam and I, were able to watch over the first run and experience it with you. The only difference being, that we hadn't lost our memories of the past two years."

"There have been a total of four 'sessions,' including this one. The first one started off the slowest, with you guys resisting the killing for the longest. A total of 14 days in the system passed without a murder. But when the first murder came, none of you were ready. You were all in shock and unable to think properly over the case. You all had become complacent and you paid the price.

...One person won this game on the first session. You all accused the wrong person, and they were free to leave.
" James stayed quiet for a moment. "But they didn't. They got all of their memories back, and had the option to leave the system, but they refused. So instead of them leaving, the program recognized them as the victor. They didn't want to leave, but the program had already done what it was made to do. So that person reset it back to day one. Except this time, they had their memories back."

"This time, they utilized incentives instead. The program had evolved into a different sort of beast. You guys lasted 4 days for the second session, before the first murder occurred. While you guys played through it again, the three of us began working on trying to get you out. We found another um...system thing. Whatever you guys are using to be in this world."

"We found another console that we could use. So we tried putting me into the game to help after the first trial." James coughed, "You all tried to kill me almost instantly. Alex and Chris both jumped on me to hold me back."

"So I ejected him from the console." Sam interjected again, "I was able to remove him from the game instantly from our console, and get him out of that situation. But all of your reactions to seeing someone vanish...it didn't go well."

"The program had a fatal error occur. Something broke its guidelines and it almost shut itself off. The person in control reset it right before it crashed." James took a breath, The third session was spent observing. We needed more information before we tried diving in again. You all survived this session, and it's pretty obvious why."

"We got involved again during the fourth session: This one. James took the first try, and decided to talk to the winner of the first session, but to no avail. Nothing came of it. And I decided to take the second plunge, to talk to Leit. I wanted to see if I could jog his memory or get any other information out. It was unsuccessful." She frowned at Leit, "Sorry I wasn't much help..." She muttered.

Leit smiled and nodded towards her, and she went on, "James took the third go, and talked to Alex. And then Molly took the fourth where...yeah." She stopped and looked at the ground, trying not to look at James, "James took the last one of the session. And now we both in the system together."

James stayed quiet, letting the information sink in to the class, "Now then. what question do you all have for me." he said flatly.

Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:32 pm

"What do we need to do now?" Liam asked.

Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten.”
-Cree Indian Prophecy

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:00 pm

"We aren't too sure about that yet. James made this final trial possible. If we are in the game while that person tries to start a reset, the game will fail, and all of us will be ejected."

"Our goal right now is to try to make that happen. We're not sure how yet, but at least getting all of the details out in the open will push the perpetrator into a tight spot."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:28 pm

"I have one." Heather spoke up, "You said that you began looking for a way out for us on the second session. Why did you not try the first time?"

Sam turned her eyes towards the floor, while James challenged Heather's glare, "Good question. Why would we wait, Heather?"

Heather looked away, "If you don't intend on answering our questions, then why are you here?"

"She has a point. It feels like you two are toying with us as much as whoever's controlling this." Julie sighed, "That is, if we are to believe you at all."

Sam looked up at Julie thoughtfully, "...Hey Julie. You were on the right track before, y'know?"

Julie looked at Sam, quizzically. James spoke up in response, "After the last trial, didn't something strange happen?" Julie kept staring, "You all met in the cafeteria, didn't you?" He looked over at Heather.

"Well, yes, after I cleaned up the fire on the-" Heather stopped and looked down, "Wait...That...That doesn't feel right..."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:47 pm

"...Everyone was there." Julie was tapping her fingers on the banister, "So...what was wrong with the system then?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing went wrong with the system. It was operating perfectly through the entire thing."

"So what the hell was all of that?"

"Hmmm. A distraction maybe."

"From what?"

"Well, think about it. Was anything out of place? Was something about the rooms wrong? Was someone acting suspicious?"

"I...I can't remember..."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:23 am

"There was one person acting out of place..." Heather crossed her arms over her body, "Julie, how did you know where the exit was?"

"...Huh?" Julie was caught off guard.

Heather grinned, "The exit? To the school? You're the one who found it didn't you?"

"..." Julie stayed quiet. When she spoke it came out softly, "I...didn't."

Heather spoke sternly, "You did. We all followed you." Julie didn't respond. "So how? Had you even been down there before?"

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

"I...had never gone to the exit before."

"Then how did you know it was there?"

Julie hesitated, "I don't know."

"You don't know how you found the only exit out of the school, that had been missed by everyone else who was stuck here?"

"I said that I don't know. What more do you want me to say?"

"I want you to admit that you're lying." Heather smiled, coyly, "You've already trapped yourself. Just admit to your crimes."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:18 am

"I....I am sorry." Leit spoke up. He was looking in Heather's direction, but couldn't make eye contact with her, "There is a contradiction in that."

Heather smirked, "Oh? I don't believe I asked anyone here, other than Julie."

Liet held onto the banister for support, "All of us are involved in this, are we not?" He kept his eyes on the floor, "If something seems wrong with the explanation, it is our job to speak up."

Heather let out a hollow laugh, "Shut the fuck up." She said simply, her smile widening, "You speak up as if you have all of the answers to contradict me, and you won't even look me in the eye to say it. You're just looking for a reason for me to be wrong."

Leit trembled, "You...You are wrong!"

"Am I?" Heather screamed at him. The sound made him shrink away. Heather laughed at the response, "You WANT me to be wrong. You don't want to get out of this place do you?" Leit tried to speak up, but only wheezing escaped his mouth, "Are you scared, Leit? You survived me once, this time, but what happens once we get out of here? You scared I'm going to come after you again?"

Tear began running down Leit's face, "Heather! Stop it!" Sam cried out.

"But don't worry Leit. Your fear is well justified." She gripped the railing as well, her knuckles turning white, "I'll do it again and again, as many times as it takes. Whether we're stuck here, or out in the real world. I'll kill you no matter what."

"Heather shut the fuck up!" Julie was glaring at her.

"I even showed you mercy this time. More mercy than you showed any of my friends and loved ones. I let you go in your sleep." She laughed callously, "I made such a big mistake. I didn't do them justice. Next time, I'll hear you scream!"

"N...N...No you...won't...it...it can't...it can't happen again..." Leit was struggling to form words.

Back to top Go down
J
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

Friendliness : 2967

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:13 am

"That's enough out of you, Heather, I'm trying to listen here so let Liet speak!" Alicia said pounding her fist on her podium.

OH SHIT YOU GUYS HARRISON FORD IS BACK FOR MY FANCY ASSORTED CHOCOLATES

Back to top Go down
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life

Friendliness : 855

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 am

"Now is not the time to promise death on each other. Your vengeance can wait till we get out, until then we have to get along." Alex stated in an stern but gentle manor.
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Devin stepped between Heather and Leit and glared down at the maid, arms crossed. "Shut. The fuck. Up."

"Talk of murder in this context will not win you any allies," Liam warned. "We're on our own after this, one way or the other, and you are painting a target on your head. Now let the man talk."

-Cree Indian Prophecy

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Heather scoffed, "He can talk if he wants to. Am I able to take away someone's voice now? " she grinned, "He lacks the capacity. Like I said, he's just afraid of me being right." she leaned towards Devin, challenging him and meeting his glare, "And a word of advice. Fight your own battles. None of you would want to get in the crossfire, would you?" she leaned to the side, so she could look at Leit, "And after all of that, he still isn't saying anything. All of you wasted your breath on someone who wasn't worth it. How pathetic."

Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Devin put a hand on Leit's shoulder and gave him an encouraging nod.

-Cree Indian Prophecy

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Leit shuddered underneath Devin's touch. "P...please do not..."

Heather laughed hollowly again, "I told you not to waste your time. He's too weak and fragile to do anything. Just a selfish and worthless thing."

Alann looked down, "I don't believe most of what Heather's saying. With you being weak or worthless, but as for being scared of leaving here..." He rubbed the back of his head, "You were accusing Julie earlier of it. But now that it's come to this, you've changed your mind..."

"There has been more information given to us. With all of that, it's changed my-"

"'More information.' Like the fact that Julie found the exit. Like the fact that she's been the one who acted the most comfortable in the situation. Like the fact that she won't answer our question about how she knew where the 'exit' was." Heather smiled, "It's quite obvious to anyone with half a brain. What a pathe-"

"Shut up! I am talking now! You had your chance to throw insults and threats, now let me speak!" Leit was shaking, but he had finally looked Heather in the eyes.

Heather sneered "Can you say anyth-"

"Heather I suggest that you stop talking now." James voice boomed over hers. She turned and looked at him. "I don't know if you noticed, but when you guys get out of here, you're in mine and Sam's hands. And I'm very capable of making sure that you don't wake up from this machine. Baby sitting eleven people is much easier than twelve." Sam squeezed James hand and frowned, but didn't say anything.

Heather gripped the railing, her knuckles turning white, but then, she smiled. "Very well. Continue."

Leit exhaled a breath he didn't realize he had held in. He looked at Devin, then began addressing the room. "If Julie is the person running the game, what sense does it make that she showed everyone the exit? What would she gain from coming here? Especially considering that she made herself find it..." He looked around the room, gauging everyone's reactions, "F...For example. The person behind it could have used the bear to show everyone if that was the case. Maybe the actual person behind it used Julie as a scapegoat."

Heather kept her smile on her face, "That doesn't answer the question of how she knew the exit was there."

Leit stayed quiet for a moment, "I cannot answer that. Only Julie can answer it, I imagine."

Julie sighed, "But I can't. I don't know /how/ I knew. I just knew. The entire thing felt like a dream." She shot a look at James, "If only there was someone here who knew the person behind all of this and could tell us. That'd solve all of our problems."

"I'm not here for handouts. Do your own work." James responded flatly.

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 am

"Well if you don't know, then you have to just turn the logic around, right Julie?"

Julie looked up at Liam for a moment before nodding, "If I don't know how I got the answer, then it was simply placed there. That's the most logical explanation given the circumstances."

"Placed? Maybe somethings not right with you after all..." Chris had his arms crossed and was tapping his foot impatiently.

"Oh, she probably means electronically! That's what she means by 'the circumstances.'""

"That still doesn't get us anywhere. Even if it was placed there, there's no way to trace who." Alann sounded doubtful.

"It's too much of a coincidence anyway. Sounds like a cheap cop out."

A short silence followed. Liam spoke up next, "If I remember correctly, when we were gathered in the dining room last, Julie tried denying that she knew the way out. Felix?"

Felix closed his eyes, and then opened them slowly, "...He's right. She tried to speak up, but we listened to the claim that she found a way out...Even when she's not the one who made it."

Alicia's eyes went wide, "I remember a small voice. But after hearing it, I couldn't stop myself. Everyone spoke over each other. We were so excite, when we've been skeptical of everything else for so long."

Liam nodded, "So what do you have to say to these claims?" Liam looked pointedly over at the boy, "Alann?"

Alann's shoulders dropped, "A...Another accusation? Surely you jest..."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:15 am

"I'm afraid not." Julie shook her head, "You were the one standing behind me, telling everyone that I had found a way out. Everyone got excited and you fell into the background, leaving everyone to focus on me. Pretty smart."

"C-Cafeteria? I have no idea what you're talking about..."

"You would say that now, after you got caught."

"No! You're wrong! The person who won; they're controlling me in the game! Whoever you talked to was a fake!"

"Is something like that even possible?"

"If Julie can have a thought put in her head, making a digital puppet should be easy."

"No way, that's too convenient! Why would they pick Alann then?"

"They...They could have foreseen that we would accuse Alann once we learned it was his system...This person is smart enough to see past that."

"That rules me out!" Chris raised his hand.

"Alright then, Alann, if that's the case, then the person running this game would have a lot of knowledge about how to operate it, AND the machine, right?" Alann nodded, shaking visibly, "Fine then. Who would you trust to have that job?"

"I...I don't underst-stand."

"The person who won has to be one of us. So you showed at least one of us how to operate the system if it's not you yourself."

"Oh, I see." Alann sighed, "In that case...It would have to be the Super Duper High School Programmer." He looked at James, "And that would be James."

James met Alann's stare.

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sun May 22, 2016 6:37 am

And he smiled.

Julie shook her head, "You've fucked up now."

Alann looked confused, but Alicia spoke up, "You can't say something like that and not explain yourself. What did he do?"

Lys raised her hand, "If James has that title, that means that he used to go to our school, right?"

The color drained from Alann's face. "Actually it's even more than that. James was our Classmate."

"But...he looks old..." Nadine looked over at James.

A sour look passed over James face, but faded when Sam elbowed him.

"Well that makes sense considering that we're in this simulation. We probably look old outside of this too." Devin scratched his head, tilting his hat a little.

"Yeah, yeah, but who cares about all of that?" Chris interrupted brashly.

"I do." Heather responded, a scowl on her face. "If they were classmates with us, why were they not included? Were there more who weren't involved?"

"Way to completely miss the point. I'm just going to ignore you and move on."

"Silence. It's a question that should be answered." Alex's voice was stern and unwavering. Julie stared at him, before huffing and turning to James.

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sun May 22, 2016 8:47 am

"There are- were fifteen of us. Samantha the Super Duper High School Magician. Molly. The Super Duper High School Photographer." James paused, and grit his teeth.

"That was his cousin. She died with Alex. That's why he's being so angsty." Julie cut in.

"Fuck you!" James yelled, showing more emotion than he had before, "You all fuck up and get your sorry asses into this mess, and my cousin is the one who had to die?! Fuck all of you!" James had his hands balled up into fists, "You are the reason she died! She died trying to save all of you! And you don't fucking deserve it! The world would be better off if you all died!"

Sam latched onto his arm, "You're yelling at victims, dear. They can't do anything about it now."

"They've made us victims." James let out a huff, and regained his composure, "Let me make one thing perfectly clear: I'm not here to save a single one of you. I'm here to get you out of this simulation. The two are not mutually exclusive."

Julie clicked her tongue, "If you piss him off, you get information. Take notes everyone."

Sam let out a small gasp, before she began laughing, "Julie...I forgot...how much of a bitch you used to be..." It wasn't an insult. Tears began running down Sam's cheeks, "Please...don't change again."

"What...?"

Heather cleared her throat, "More importantly, that means I was right." She outstretched her arms and laughed, "Ahahah! We all must pay for our sins! This is only the beginning of the end!"

Lys covered her ears and shook her head, "Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up! I don't even know what's happening anymore!"

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 am

"Let's get back on track then." Liam was as calm as ever, "James's outburst answers your questions. Anything else Heather?" She nodded, a smug smirk stuck on her face. "Alex?" No response. "Good. Now let's address the actual problem. Alann's mistake."

"He has an outburst like that...and you're still focused on me? I haven't done anything wrong!"

"Hmm...I wonder..." Leit pondered to himself for a moment before speaking a little louder, "Do you mean how he knew James was the Programmer?"

"Huh? They worked in similar fields didn't they? Couldn't he just like. Look in a newspaper?"

"I don't really think the fact that he was programmer was the big deal. It's more like because he knew he was one of our classmates right?"

"Ah, now I get it. I didn't see anything off because we learned what his talent was in the Examination room. Alann had no way to access that information."

"Hey! Why didn't you tell us we were classmates in your recap! It could've been a good reunion!"

"...I may have omitted it on purpose." James said absentmindedly.

"Hmmm. Did he really forget to say it?"

"I said I omitted it, I wouldn't forget something like my talent that easily!"

"A...Anyway. Yeah I can't remember him saying anything about it in his spiel."

"And Alann died before I did." Lys shuddered, "So there's no way he could have figured that out beforehand."

"Is that enough then Alann? You're being awfully quiet."

"H...He must..."

"'He gave me the answer using the program.' Is that what you're about to say?" Alicia was glaring.

"I believe you've exhausted that excuse." Alex's words pierced the air.

"I...I..."

"Alann...I do not want to believe it was you..." Leit stammered on.

"I thought you were so nice. I don't want that to have been a lie." Nadine hugged Lys closed, and closed her eyes.

"...However the evidence is stacked against you. We don't have a choice in the matter." Devin picked up where they left off.

"We are tired of waiting, Alann." Heather folded her hands in front of her. "I suggest you come clean."

"And that's coming from a maid, dude. I don't really think you have a choice."

Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Sun May 22, 2016 11:57 am

"I...I don't know what else to say. I've tried to convince you. And I've given you all several chances. But I guess..." Alann shook his head and smiled, "You're all just masochists."

"You have all done well to get this far! Each one of you depending on one another and working to reach your goal! It's incredible!"

"This...wasn't the confession I was ready for."

"Yes, yes! But now it's here! And aren't you excited!?" Alann was talking in a singing manner, stressing weird syllables as he went, "Or are you ter-i-fi-ed?"

"Alann, what ends does this outlandish behavior reach?" Alex sounded angry.

"Huuuuuuh? The ends? Hahahah, there are no ends!" He clapped his hands, "You beat me! You figured out the puzzle and now you get to leave!"

"I...Is it that easy?"

"Virtually! All we have to do is finish up this mystery, and you'll be free to go!"

"We figured out that you did it. Do the details matter right now?"

"No, I'm not satisfied."

"Neither am I. I don't want to leave here unprepared for what we'll face outside."

"I don't care! Anything's better than being stuck here with Alann and Heather!"

"You'll be walking to your second death, dear." Heather's grin grew wider. Lys shook her head again and looked at the floor.

"Might I ask a question?" Leit spoke up.

"Of course! Ask away! All answers are yours!"

"You...you are acting so amiable and eccentric. You are acting as if you are happy that we figured it out."

"Well of course I'm excited about it! The people who I love most are all gathering together to change their fate! How could I not be happy about that?"

Leit shuffled his feet, "Then...Then why? Why would you put all of us through that?"

"Huh? Why?" Alann hummed to himself, "That's a long story...but I guess we're not going anywhere right?"

"I suppose I'll start from the beginning. I was raised by my mother and step father in a small town. Ever since I was younger I enjoyed building and tinkering with things. Manipulating, fixing, changing, dissembling; it was all a part of what I loved to do! The only problem that came of it was that my family was fairly poor. I got in trouble a lot for taking apart devices. I would get scolded by family members and people from the community on a weekly basis at the very least. And eventually I began building things to help people instead of being destructive. I built a lot of small things first: like the life for theatres and a few computers for people, etc. Eventually I worked my way up and began working on larger projects, my first successful one being a bridge near my town that was built for the fishing industry around there. It had a lot of transport leading to and from it, and worked on a very specific timer. After that I began helping on boats, not only improving their structure, but also adding equipment and better navigation devices to help with exceptionally long trips. With these changes, it increased our productivity by 600%. We became a really wealthy city in a short amount of time. And with the money I got from these jobs, I began on my own side projects. Such as this very virtual reality we're in. Two years later, I got the letter from this school. And I gladly accepted.

Do not treat it as an understatement when I say Hope's Academy was the best time of my life. I got to spend time around amazingly talented people and build my own skill. But after three months... well, they found it.
"

"'It?' Please elaborate."

Alann stayed quiet for a moment, "They found the tumor."

"It said as much in the Examination room. Alann had a brain tumor. The extracted it and placed him under chemotherapy."

"That's true. I was not short on money and could easily pay for the surgery and treatments. What I couldn't pay for is what it took away from me." Alann touched his forehead, right above his glasses, "This is where it was. This is where he was."

"...'He...?'"

"He was located on my frontal lobe, the part of the brain most dedicated to personality. Or more specifically, personality changes in my case. When he was removed it took away most of my life. It got rid of most of the things that I had felt. The loss of him...was the most crushing thing I could have gone through."

"You keep calling it 'Him.' Who exactly are you referring to?"

"Well...I mean Alann of course."

Back to top Go down
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 pm

"Hell, the mans gone bonkers." Alex exclaimed, exasperated at Alann's display of insanity.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

"No, no, not gone bonkers. Just gone." Alann shook his head and continued, "It might seem strange to all of you, but I'm not Alann. At least not in the mental sense. They took him away when they got rid of the tumor."

"Wh...What the fuck? Are you stalling us with some bullshit story?"

"No. Not at all." Alann sighed, "You know...it's strange how fate deals with people sometimes. You are terrified of one thing, but then it comes along and hits even harder, exactly where you didn't expect it. When I woke up from the operation, and was told it was a success, I was elated. I didn't have to fear going to sleep anymore. After months of torment, I was free."

"But when I saw my family...there was nothing. I remembered them and the memories of being with them, but there was no feeling. I didn't care that they were there. I tried hard to say I loved them. I tried to pretend and tell myself that I did. But in the end, I didn't fool anyone. Not even myself. There were times where I would be spending time with them, or we would be eating dinner as a family, and I would upset them. At first, it wasn't on purpose. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I was just trying to talk with them...But they said that something was wrong with me."

"They brought me to several doctors again, each one saying that they didn't see any abnormal symptoms. They tried therapists, counseling, and even prayer. They would tell each other that they saw progress, but I could see through their lies already. They didn't want me. They wanted Alann back. Their optimistic and curious boy."

"I forced them to let me come back to school. They tried to argue and fight with me over it, but I refused to seek any of their "treatments," unless I came back. Maybe if I saw you guys, something would change. Maybe Alann would come back once he saw the classmates he was so fond of. But there was still nothing. All of the times we had been through: the arguments, the study sessions, the crazy stories we shared, the laughs we had had...They didn't mean anything to me."

"So are you starting to understand now? The only things I have from Alann are his memories, his talent, and his physical body. If he hadn't have been there, I would have been an ordinary human, with no achievements to my name. I would have been a worthless and insignificant thing. I don't have Alann's drive. I don't have his personality, his emotions, his empathy; all I have is his shell. So tell me, can we really say I am Alann?"

Back to top Go down
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   Wed May 25, 2016 11:36 pm

"The problem with existential questions is that nobody agrees on the answer." But back to the point, was this just so you could try to feel again?" What was the point in this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial 5: ENDGAME   

Back to top Go down

Trial 5: ENDGAME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next