The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Character monologues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Catspirit
Galactic
Galactic
Commander Catspirit

Friendliness : 1935

Character monologues Empty
PostSubject: Character monologues   Character monologues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 pm

So it's a thing for me where when I make a new character for anything I always write a short little monologue or something of the sort in order to get a better feel for them later on. It's a really good exercise for developing characters and whenever I need to think "what would this person say here." I go back and read the piece I wrote in their voice and it usually helps. Just figured I'd put those here when I write them for input. Other people can put stuff in here too if they wanna try it or have tried it in the past. I like reading these things!

This one is for a character I'm working on for D&D next year. I wanted an fun and arrogant swordsman who's blade was as sharp as his tongue. To make things more interesting I made him a catfolk as well for flavor. Name's pending too. I have a year to work on em so I aint rushing.

Kaliss the swordsage

Excuse me madam but I couldn’t help but notice my whiskers twitch when I saw you. Now how could I forgive myself if I let one of such beauty pass me by without at least getting a better look at her face? I pray that you might do me the honor of giving me your name. My what a lovely name to go with a lovely woman. Who am I you ask? Well, I am none other than the mighty Kaliss, Prince of the Southern Seas. It’s understandable that you might not have heard of me before. Tis a far away land and I wouldn’t expect others to know of cat folk nobility. I see you’re baking pastries there. Might I try one? Ah these are delicious! Of course one of such extravagance would have baking skills to match! hm? Oh, I tell you I do not carry money on me. Should word get out of my appearance here I would have ruffians of all sorts trying to rob me blind. Not that they could however. I am as strong as I am charming. All perish who would dare to cross blades with me for you see I have mastered arts of swordplay unknown to the common man. I can strike at blinding speeds, Counter and throw men twice my size, move as freely as a leaf in the wind. I can see past the physical form and straight into my enemy’s soul. I can even appear completely invisible to all around me should I want. Even the mightiest swordsmen in the land haven’t knowledge of the mystical arts of swordplay I’ve mastered. Not to worry my dear, I know this sword as well as I know my own arm. There is no need to worry of me breaking anyth-IEEOWCH!! Ahaha… unfortunately I don’t know my own tail quite as well. Sometimes I’m convinced it has a mind of its own haha… But yes, I should pay you back this evening when I am able to safely retrieve my coin. There is one problem though. I am new to this land and not quite as familiar with the land as someone such as yourself. I worry I would not be able to find my way back here later on. Perhaps we could meet somewhere this evening so I may pay you? While we’re out you can even show me the highlights of this lovely town. Come meet me by the docks at 6 tonight. I shall pay you back with dinner and you shall show me the lovely town. Oh you need not say anything. I understand your excitem— uh oh. It appears my… guardsmen are searching for me again! No doubt trying to pull me back for more boring politics with father. I must flee for now but we shall meet again! See you tonight my dear!
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

Character monologues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character monologues   Character monologues I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Immediately thought of Nyanta. Nice concept and good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/

Character monologues
Page 1 of 1