The Fourth Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fourth Day

Where blood is no thicker than water.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"part of me prefers just thinking Links a dumbass. if i wanted to summon the apocalypse and destroy Hyrule id built a little fence around myself and theres not a god damn thing he can do about it" - Naomi
Welcome to the Fourth Day, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.
That's right, the points are like Drae's opinion.
Colors are now freely available, PM Drae to ask him for yours!

Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons

Go down 
+3
Aero
Aka
Kikren
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

Friendliness : 1952

Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons Empty
PostSubject: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 pm

"Alright! Time to call this court into order! We gather here today to find the murderer of the victim, Firestarter! To start lemme lay down the basic rules of the trial. Your  goal in this trial is to reason out the perpetrator who committed the murder. Should you correctly accuse the culprit, they alone shall be punished and executed, however, shall you accuse one of the innocents, the culprit will be allowed to graduate and leave the academy! While everyone besides the culprit shall be put to death! Now to start out your first trial, how about we get the story from the person who first found the body! Take it away blabbermouth!" It nodded to Lys.
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

Friendliness : 3235

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Lys took a deep breath before she began to speak. This would be her last chance to give her testimony. she blinked a few times to clear her tears and with one last shuddering breath, began to speak. "Nadine and I had decided to sleep in my room. Neither of us wanted to be alone, we decided it after breakfast, when we left because I got upset. We decided that when we got out of here she could come live with me and my family because she didn't have one. Before bed, she went to get changed and stuff, brush her teeth, y'know. When she came back she was carrying that note. I looked it over and she decided she was gonna go check out what Julie had to say. Decided she wouldn't do anything because Julie's levelheaded, not crazy in the slightest. I told her that if she wasn't back by midnight I'd come find out why." She took another deep breath before continuing. "We talked for a while then it was time for her to go. When she didn't come back I went to look for her. I found her lying there. I went over to her and knelt down next to her. I begged her to wake up. I touched her face, she was still a little warm. Then I saw the note near the TV so I picked it up then came to get you all." She finished with a shuddering breath and tears streaming down her face.
Back to top Go down
http://akashikasbooksblog.com
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 pm

"Lys still has the note with her. It should also be said that Julie's signature is at the bottom of this note."

"I didn't write that note." Julie cut in, "First we should handle the matter of alibis. Does anyone have any alibis that can be confirmed?" After a minute of silence she continued, "Alicia and Alann both have alibis from me. All three of us were meeting up to discuss finding a way out of here. I left my room at 11 o'clock sharp, the time of the murder, and stood outside Alicia's door. Alann walked out fifteen minutes later. Alicia was in her room and there was no way for her to slip past me." She crossed her arms, "What should we discuss first then?"
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 pm

"Where was Alann coming from?" Felix asked.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 pm

"Directly from his room. Goes without saying that he couldn't slip by me either."
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

Friendliness : 925

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

"No one else seems to have an alibi, nor do I," Leit said, looking down at the table, "However, I found something of interest in Nadine's pocket." He fished in his pajama bottoms and brought out a sliver of paper. He put it out face-up on the table, open.

"I murdered a man in cold blood. I hid his body and it hasn't been found to this day." It read.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Alann nodded, "Lys and I were watching the crime scene. How about you take it from here, Leit?"

"Yeah, Describe what you found in the Rec Room."
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 pm

"Ah," Leit squared his shoulders back and cleared his throat, placing a hand to it gently.
"Well, initially, Nadine's Electro ID was found next to her, open to the notes section as though she were writing as she was attacked and subsequently dropped it. Examining the screen showed a pink-ish substance smeared around where the C and H keys would have been on the keypad. Thinking about the keys surrounding, I have concluded that no other combination of keys around them would create the beginning of a name of one of us or a coherent word I believe she would have chosen besides C-H, which would most likely be the beginning of "Chris Bane"-- but I do not want to make assumptions. X-G, V-J, D-Y, F-U, switched around, etc, etc."
"The television set in the room was caved in from the top, as though someone smashed the back of her head down upon it. The wound on her head and the hole appeared to match up well, and no other weapon could be found. She was found lying face-up on the floor, hands down to her sides, with her eyes closed, mouth open. It makes me wonder if her death was instantaneous or not, because if it was not, one could reasonably think that her reaction would be to hold her wound in defense and pain, or to hold her arms up to protect herself against her attacker, however this wasn't the case. If she had been killed instantly, she would have naturally had her hands fall to her sides. But, as well, if she was killed instantly, why would her eyes be closed and her mouth open? Where did the blood come from on her hands and trailed on the floor? I believe this indicates that her body was moved and positioned after her death."

Leit visibly shook a bit from recalling everything. Not necessarily in fear or disgust, but in a bizarre kind of adrenaline. He moved his hands around as he spoke.
"Her hands were, as I said, covered in blood. Her right hand had blood coming directly from under her nails, and there was skin under it as though she fought back. While, on her left hand, her index finger was broken."
"Let us see... let us see..." He mumbled, pausing to remember. "Yes, there was a white cloth near the pool table, as well, and a bloody handprint on the couch cushion that resembled the size and shape of Nadine's hand."
When he was finished, he leaned back, a hand touching his throat again. He furrowed his brow, as though he were in a small level of pain.

((OOC: I just remembered he still has blood on his freakin fingers and on his temple, just saying.))
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

Friendliness : 3637

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:40 am

"I don't know if this is relevant," Devin said, his eyes hidden by the brim of his hat, "But I found this when I woke up." He held out a note and a pair of earplugs. "Let Leit know that there is a lot of medicine in the Nurse's office if he is feeling sick," he read aloud.

"I searched the men's restrooms while Julie was investigating elsewhere," Liam said. He presented a pair of long black gloves with zippers, "These were in the main area restrooms, in the storage closet. I found them odd, as they were the only items out of place, balled up in a corner. What's more, the dormitory area restrooms contained one toilet filled with toilet paper, effectively clogging it."
Back to top Go down
http://draezeth.deviantart.com/
Fire Ferret
No-Life
No-Life
Fire Ferret

Friendliness : 855

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 am

"The clog is probably from the killer trying to something; but what...."

"And the killer obviously used the gloves to avoid getting blood on their hands."
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:22 am

Leit was shocked to hear his name. "...Thank you, Devin." His voice was noticeably weaker than usual. He was visibly worried, both by his voice and by the note. It was clearly a roundabout threat of some kind. He was scared now. He sunk back in his seat, still holding his vocal chords, watching everyone's hands and torsos as they spoke, trying not to make eye-contact.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 am

"S...Something doesn't sound right about your description Leit. The pink substance on the ElectroID would probably be blood, so wouldn't that put her typing on it after getting injured?"

"Not just that, but what exactly would the culprit achieve by moving the body?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Leit nodded his head. "She must have crawled to it once the murderer left, or was distracted, thinking she was killed instantly. Then they passed by again and saw she was typing and tried to wipe it off. Yes, that makes more sense."
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 pm

The idea that she put her hand to her wound would explain both the blood on her hand and the bloody hand print on the sofa's cushion. Clearly the murderer tried to smother her when she didn't die from her head wound."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm

"Do these gloves look about right for the hand print?" Liam asked.

(Might need Kik to confirm that.)
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 pm

"No. The handprint most likely came from Nadine. Besides, is there any blood on those gloves?"

Last edited by Kikren on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:53 pm

"No, but it could have been wiped off." He folded his arms, trying to make sense of all of this.
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:11 pm

"I'd think it'd be hard to get blood out of that type of material without water. Just wiping it off would be difficult. And the water's turned off..."
Back to top Go down
Zalty
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Zalty

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:14 pm

"There was a large wad of toilet paper in one of the bathroom stalls, however, but I concur."
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm

So the hand print on the cushion is almost definitely Nadine's. CH could be anything. Chain, chair, chalk, the list is endless. There is no way you can say without a doubt that she was typing Chris's name.  the white cloth is confirmed by Julie as coming from a missing lab coat. Julie would you like to fill everyone in on that?"
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 pm

"Alright. But first, a question. Did anyone know about you and Nadine staying in the same room, Lys?
Back to top Go down
Aka
➳ ➳ ➳ ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
➳ ➳ ➳  ┌( ⁰△⁰)┘
Aka

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

"I... don't think so... Why?"
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Julie clicked her tongue and looked to the side, "If she came back with the note, that means that the culprit thought that she was staying in her room, which is why the note was there. I thought that we'd be able to narrow it down if someone knew....but I guess it's out of the question."
Back to top Go down
Aero
No-Life
No-Life
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Leit didn't want to speak aloud anymore. He glanced back at Monokuma up on his throne, eyes caught by the elaborateness of the decorations of it, before he leaned in to Julie and cleared his throat. "Miss," he whispered, trying to be polite, "May we ask Felix for a more detailed explanation of his abrasions, especially considering he came from his room topless as I did? And, he has never mentioned his last name... My voice..." He left the rest unsaid, trusting she would understand his predicament.

Last edited by Aero on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikren
1337 skillz
1337 skillz
Kikren

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:20 am

"Leit would like to know about the scratches on your arm, Felix. Also what your last name is."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons   Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trial One: The Murder of Nadine Lyons
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next